X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by samurainoir
    I guess it's time to start voting with our $$$ if we want the line to continue...

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...d=ME-002202116
    Sorry, but I need more than a cartoon drawing of a figure (Athena) to commit to a purchase. Had the first four figures been without major flaws, I just might have pulled the trigger (assuming that the same quality would be maintained), but since they were not, I need convincing.

Btw, I'm so glad that BBP continues to pitch in and answer questions. And they're always cool about criticism, which I appreciate.
    I only comment on stuff that I care about, and would like to buy if the quality was there.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
      • Feb 19, 2010

Hi. I've been a member for a couple of years now and this is my first post. I too was worried about the future of this line and I e-mailed the company. They sent me a response and did in fact tell me that there will be no 8 inch Battlestar Galactica figures after Athena and Lucifer. I am totally disappointed. Unless someone hopefully Bif Bang Pow or Zica will do the line in smaller scale.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

I hope that if Biff Bang Pow can't get this line any further, that FTC can pick it up. From what I've seen of the sculpts they are doing for the Batman 66 line, they'd be great at it.
        JediJaida

Comment

• bobws
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 13, 2008

I'd buy the whole range of these, but can't stand the pre-order and wait a year or more nonsense. If you have a license you think people will buy choose characters wisely and put them out in a timely manner. I would buy 30 different characters from this show, if only they would just come out.
          "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Mego Magyar
            Permanent Member
            • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by bobws
            I'd buy the whole range of these, but can't stand the pre-order and wait a year or more nonsense. If you have a license you think people will buy choose characters wisely and put them out in a timely manner. I would buy 30 different characters from this show, if only they would just come out.
            Agreed, it's not that there isn't interest it's just that people don't want or can't do the pre-order thing. I'd love it if they made everything they had planned but I can't pre-order something and not have any idea when I'll actually be charged. I can spend money when I have it but 9 months from now I might have had unexpected expenses and can't handle the extra $80.00 - 160.00

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 22, 2011

I agree. The interest is there and I myself can think of at least 25-30 characters that I would buy from this series. The initial figures need to be fixed and I am sure interest and sales would increase.

Comment

• GUYx1
                FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                • Apr 20, 2005

God this is getting depressing. It would be most appreciated if BifBangPow would state the official word on this.
                If I have to get the BSG aliens scratch built, I will have to reevaluate some of the current projects I am building and
                start work on the figures I was been planning to buy from BBP for the last year...
                Cheers,
                Guyx1

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by classicgalacticalover
                  Hi. I've been a member for a couple of years now and this is my first post. I too was worried about the future of this line and I e-mailed the company. They sent me a response and did in fact tell me that there will be no 8 inch Battlestar Galactica figures after Athena and Lucifer. I am totally disappointed. Unless someone hopefully Bif Bang Pow or Zica will do the line in smaller scale.
                  Well, now we know, I guess.
                  It would be helpful that, if they can answer someone's question via e-mail (and give a very definite answer), to have the same info given here. That way, we could stop speculating about things that aren't even going to happen anymore.
                  I remember us discussing ways of letting the Who line continue, while in fact it had been axed already.
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                    • Feb 19, 2010

You know after thinking about it I agree. They should make it official. I wager that the Six Million Dollar Man line is probably dead as well after the next wave. That does not bother me as much since Zica are doing their line, but the Battlestar line was the one I was hoping for. I even overlooked whatever flaws there were because I was just happy someone was willing to do them. I was giddy when I saw the pre-orders over at Fabgear USA with Sheba and Ovion. Now..oh well. I emailed the company again to see if there was anything else besides pre-orders we could do to save the line, but no response yet. I am wondering if there are some behind the scenes factors that are going on. If you can do small size Twilight Zone hopefully you can do Battlestar.This line screams of potential. Just for fun I sat done and figured over a hundred figures alone they could do .

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

That pretty much kills everything from BBP outside of Big Bang Theory and the SNL stuff then.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 22, 2011

That pretty much kills anything I am interested in buying from BBP in 8 inch format. I am only interested in their TZ 3.75 line after 8 inch TZ, SMDM and Galactica goes.

Comment

• GUYx1
                          FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                          • Apr 20, 2005

Exactly my feelings. It's like after all our years of support, we don't matter anymore.
                          Cheers,
                          Guyx1

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

Well, I don't want to overestimate my importance to toy companies: their first priority (quite understandably) is making enough money to keep afloat (and hopefully a little more).
                            Our little corner of the world (and this forum) won't be their first stop to break the news.
                            But we have learned a valuable lesson: instead of speculating and hoping, just send them an e-mail!

On a personal note, this does end my BBP purchases for now. I do hate it when lines start (and get your hopes up) and then crash (for all sorts of reasons).
                            Ah well, money saved!

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                              Career Member
                              • Dec 21, 2009

BSG will end after Athena and Lucifer ships. SMDM line will end after Astronaut Steve (with smaller head) and Barney Hiller ships. The remaining six figures shown for The Venture Bros. will all be released. The future of The Twilight Zone line in 8-inch format hasn't been finalized yet. Dexter 8-inch will also be released. All remaining figures recently show at Toy Fair will be released, including series 1 and 2 from The Big Bang Theory, Mike Tyson, Penny Dreadful characters and Ace and Gary.

I'm familiar with those who do not want to pre-order items a year+ in advance, and those that want to see a final sculpt before ordering. We've cancelled very few items in the history of our company that we've actively solicited for pre-order online. The figures we do show at trade shows sometimes don't make it to market - but that's what trade shows are intrinsically for. For San Diego Comic-Con, we've decided to refrain from showing prototypes that are not scheduled for production. We are simply adjusting our strategy to only show items that will make it to production. We are not giving up on the 8-inch format at all. More will be released from our company.

BSG and SMDM licenses end in August and as a close partner, NBC and BBP are jointly moving on from these licenses at this time. We will not be making 3 3/4 inch BSG figures.

Phew. It's all out there. Let's discuss.
                              Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                              bifbangpow.com
                              twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                                • Feb 19, 2010

Well now it's official. They did respond to my second e-mail and said there were not enough buyers for this line to continue. I can only hope that someone will pick up the license and run with it. This show even though it lasted one season still to this day screams potential. I do think the way to go with it now would be the 3 3/4 scale. Zica you listening?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎