X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by VulcansFury
    Well, now we know why Universal isn't interested in licensing out classic BSG any more:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ba...ve-1201153687/
    Two disturbing concepts: "We are re-imagining BSG". Yay, what a fresh idea!!! In this one, Starbuck is a 250 pound African prince who likes rollerdisco.
    And "starring Johnny Depp". Can't wait!
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

re-read that, says nothing about BSG "starring Jonny Depp" He is starring in Transcendence which is written by the same screen writer----

Warner Bros. will open “Transcendence,” starring Johnny Depp, on April 18 RIF.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        re-read that, says nothing about BSG "starring Jonny Depp" He is starring in Transcendence which is written by the same screen writer----

Warner Bros. will open “Transcendence,” starring Johnny Depp, on April 18 RIF.
        That's a relief...
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Marc
          • Jul 3, 2011

I still keep my fingers crossed that the second wave will be really produced... as far as I know, Lucifer and Athena should be published next month... It would be fantastic to finally have many different characters...

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Lucifer and Athena have been pushed back quite a bit, like the Six Mill line. I know Jason confirmed the final installment for Six Mill has gone into production. It would be great if we could get confirmation on BSG as well. It's been a great run on both series.

Comment

• Marc
              • Jul 3, 2011

Thank you for that information! Hopefully Lucifer and Athena will be produced... It would be great if a BSG-line would finally have many other characters as Apollo, Starbuck, Adama and the Cylons. The Comic-Con Special of Boxey, Muffit and the Dancer was already a great addition...

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                Career Member
                • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                Lucifer and Athena have been pushed back quite a bit, like the Six Mill line. I know Jason confirmed the final installment for Six Mill has gone into production. It would be great if we could get confirmation on BSG as well. It's been a great run on both series.
                Everything that has been publicly been made available for pre-order for BSG and SMDM are either in production or are scheduled to go into production.
                Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                bifbangpow.com
                twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Awesome news Jason. And a special thanks for showing your love to both lines and going as deep into both series as you did. I'm confident figure lines like this will never come again in our lifetime and I personal thank you for placing the spotlight on two shows that I personally loved so much. I will always hold them in special regard.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 21, 2009

Awesome news Jason. And a special thanks for showing your love to both lines and going as deep into both series as you did. I'm confident figure lines like this will never come again in our lifetime and I personal thank you for placing the spotlight on two shows that I personally loved so much. I will always hold them in special regard.
                    And that's why we are in business! We LOVE customers like you. You totally get us, you understand what we are trying to do - and also understand that we are not perfect. But all of us really do have the same goals here.
                    Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                    bifbangpow.com
                    twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 21, 2009

I'd agree with this completely. BBP has done a really terrific job with their lines, creating figures that many of us would have liked to see in our youth, at the height of the Mego age. Here's hoping BBP gets to do more Mego-type figures in the near future.

Comment

• mav-man
                        • Dec 9, 2007

Has anyone heard anything if Lucifer and Athena are going to be released yet?

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

EE still has them posted for this month.and on their site looks like a pic of the finished athena

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Hey Jason. Can you offer any definitive release dates for this final installment yet? Can't wait to get them!

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                              Career Member
                              • Dec 21, 2009

Hey Jason. Can you offer any definitive release dates for this final installment yet? Can't wait to get them!
                              I believe they are still coming late this month...
                              Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                              bifbangpow.com
                              twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Awesome news! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰