X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Mefiboschet
    Maye it is time to revive this BSG custom project.
    Sure. Post or pm a photo of the Baltar head if you are interested in selling one.
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• GUYx1
      FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
      • Apr 20, 2005

I sure know I'm interested. PM with paypal info.
      All you had to say was CUSTOM HEAD and I'm in...
      Cheers,
      Guyx1

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 18, 2007

Are we going to see Serena or not?

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 18, 2007

Athena?

Comment

• GUYx1
            FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
            • Apr 20, 2005

Aside from my reworked Cylon & Muffet, Out of repect for people I am working with. I am not even taking pics of customs until after the BBP license is up.
            Hopefully then, people will tart returning PMs.
            For the record, the head thing appears to be all talk. I am hearing crickets. Hard to drum up any interest.
            Doesn't matter. In the end I will get a set of BSG figures made one way or the other.
            Cheers,
            Guyx1

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by JimCem99
              Yes if they were more like FTC with the retro and 1966 Batman line in terms of quality.
              I just spit my coffee all over my I-pad when I read this line...lol
              It's just not often you hear FTC quality be praised over anyone else let alone BBP's.
              Unfortunately in this case it's true.
              I bought multiples of the big headed warriors so I will make a few of my own customs.
              I do wish the line continued but am very thankful for the figures we got.
              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• GUYx1
                FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                • Apr 20, 2005

CTVT now has some nice heads, costumes & accessories. But those skinny blow molded bodies make me almost long for the formerly bad ctvt bodies.

BBP has solid nice bodies, but the overproduced number of plump cylons really killed the line. They will probably never sell out.
                But if people start posting pix of their modified figures, maybe it would draw more interest again.

Galactica is a pretty limited market to begin with and I fear most people lost interest quite some time ago.
                Even if the CTVT bodies are not the best, bodies can be swapped out and
                even unopened CTVT product looks impressive on the shelf. Sometimes that is all that is needed.
                How many of us are even into Mego Galactica to begin with?
                Last edited by GUYx1; Mar 9, '14, 10:47 AM.
                Cheers,
                Guyx1

Comment

• nobody
                  banjo!
                  • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by Mefiboschet
                  Well, that doesn't leave much options. BSG was the line I dreamt of having as Mego 8" figures ever since 1979. I've been working on customs before the BBP line was released.
                  I do have 8" custom head sculpts for Tigh, Boomer and Baltar (as well as Apollo, Starbuck und Adama, but here we have the BBP heads now) plus 12" scale heads for Casseopeia, Serana. Somebody from the forum also sculpted a fantastic Commander Caine head, but never actually sent it.
                  Maye it is time to revive this BSG custom project.
                  I'm in for custom BSG heads. Shoot pics and prices to me please.

Comment

• greenguy
                    • Dec 30, 2013

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                    Nice job on BSG and SM$M lines, BBP! Sad to hear they won't continue. I wanted Maskatron and eventually Bionic Woman!
                    I'd like to 2nd that. Thank you BBP for releasing figures from two of my favorite series!!

I've bought all from both lines, and have the final figures on pre-order.

I would love to see more, but thankful for what we did get. Looking forward to future purchases from the company.

Comment

• bobws
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 13, 2008

I'm Up for some custom BSG heads.
                      Just wondering if NBC cancelled the deal with BBP or the contract is ending and they don't want to renew?
                      Also if you only have a contract for 2 years you really need to push out characters faster before your contract expires.
                      That goes for BSG and SMDM and Doctor Who. A shame we only got what we did when the fans would have kept these lines going.
                      "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• skullface
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 29, 2012

I was going to stay out of this but I cant. Pre-order BS,bad sculpts,bad fitting costumes, and endless delays, killed what should have been a great money maker. Make the toy and we will buy it. Dont tell me pre-order a year ahead of time so you know if you will sell the toy before hand. I have better things to do. I would have bought a lot of toys from BBP if I knew they had the follow thru...I cant see this business being around much longer. We have lost faith,seen to many good lines die.
                        Sorry BBP but FTC are going to be getting my money,even if I dont need half of them I will buy them anyway.

Comment

• GUYx1
                          FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                          • Apr 20, 2005

ReMego figures do not exactly drive the toy market, even when they look amazing. Look at the Buck Rogers toyline. No complaints there and it still never took off.
                          When nobody has the money to drop on armies of cylons, what would inspire a company to go back to the drawing board. I mean it took how many series of KISS figures to
                          switch from 'Flash Gordon' 10" Scale heads to normal 8" scale heads. But toylines aimed at 6 year olds have a huge profit margin. They can afford to send a bad sculpt back. I recently looked at the Disney store and saw the ultra posable 12" Evil Queen and Maleficent. More posable than a mego and $10. The small shelf space that was marked for Mego figures will be replaced more and more by 3 3/4" ReAction figures. But times change. I don't want to complain. I just want to finish off the series. Even if it costs a boatload of cash from every talented person I can think of. For those less visionary and less open minded, I have seen what BSG COULD be and I want to make happen.
                          I WILL make it happen.
                          Last edited by GUYx1; Mar 10, '14, 8:37 PM.
                          Cheers,
                          Guyx1

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by MIB41
                            We got six characters (with 2 more to come) and three variations of the Cylons. In total we will have received 11 different figures from the classic line. That's an impressive run. It's been equally fun on the Six Mill side. Great to see the line end with the Seven Million Dollar man. I will cherish all of these figures. Thanks guys!
                            You are absolutely right. Thanks for putting this all into perspective for us. As much as we would love for the lines to continue, once you see the forrest for the trees, I can't see how this can't be chalked up as a "win"... someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but has any other company managed to produce as deep a character selection from Classic BSG or Six Million Dollar man? In our beloved MEGO format to boot?

There were nine figures in the original line.
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Ten. The Boray isn't in the catalog pic... Weird.

Comment

• GUYx1
                                FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                                • Apr 20, 2005

There is usually a pattern. Start out making the Good guys IE: Apollo & Starbuck, Eventually make a couple Female characters. Nobody ever gets around to the Aliens, because they tend to be way more complicated. Far easier making humans and reusing generic Mego Boots than making accurate boots. Rebuilding THE WHOLE body would be unheard of. Keep it simple. Make a single production run. See if people buy it.
                                Aliens require too many special parts and are way too open to interpretation. The Ovion alone has so many different interpretations.
                                The Ovion we all know and love came from the Galactica trading cards (deleted pre production photos)
                                Not the actual scenes used in the Minute or two they actually appear in the pilot. Still a bad interpretation is better than none at all.
                                Sculpting totally new non human heads, hands, feet, etc from scratch is expensive and time consuming and as ReMego is not the biggest money maker for BBP, who can blame them for not going all in with Galactica.
                                Cheers,
                                Guyx1

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎