Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

I'm happy to hear the remaining Venture Bros figures will be made which reminds me to pre-order some of them. I loved the line and the characters SCREAMED Mego but I dont know how well the show is known in order to have a line of collectable toys. There was enough colorful characters to make quite a few figures. Shame it is coming to an end. Thanks for the stuff you folks put out!

Comment

• Harbingerboy
      Career Member
      • Jun 18, 2007

Thanks for the update, Jlabs...Athena's looking great in the new solicit, the adjusted eye color helped a lot. I'm sure final production will be even nicer once the hair is set (lookin a bit too dark there, but Im glad to see a side-part). Can't wait to get my pre-orders for these in the mail, knowing they will indeed arrive makes the end of BBP's BSG 8" line at this point a bit easier to bear.

I will say it is truly a shame we did not see Baltar, Boomer and Tigh produced. Though Ovion and IL looked to be some of the best figures yet, the others' inclusion would've made what has been a great line THE undisputed greatest BSG line ever produced...We were sooo close! If only BBP could toss Baltar and Boomer in a tin tote for SDCC as a parting 'gift' to the fans before the license is up.
      Last edited by Harbingerboy; Feb 25, '14, 9:39 PM.

Comment

• puckace
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 5, 2009

After missing out on Charlie and Desmond for the Lost line, I decided to wait for the BSG line to unfold. I would have been in if Boomer got made. But no Boomer and the big heads really dampened my enthusiasm for the line.

Comment

• ovenmitt
          Persistent Member
          • May 26, 2009

Nice job on BSG and SM$M lines, BBP! Sad to hear they won't continue. I wanted Maskatron and eventually Bionic Woman!

Comment

• Scousebadger
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2, 2012

Pity we're not getting any 3.75" BSG figures

Comment

• JimCem99
              New Yorker stuck in Hell!
              • Jan 30, 2010

I enjoyed the BSG figures and appreciated them for what they are. They were not great, with the big heads same as SMDM, but still great to have. Yes if they were more like FTC with the retro and 1966 Batman line in terms of quality, perhaps they would have sold better. But it is what it is. But with BBT and Mike Tyson? You kidding?

And I was also looking forward to the 3 3/4" line.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                Career Member
                • Jun 18, 2007

I wonder if Zica or FTC would be interested in acquiring the BSG license and also producing BBP's remaining BSG 8" prototypes similar to what BBP planned to do with Spectre's Dark Shadows line, perhaps with variants of Apollo & Starbuck (warrior uniforms w/capes, slightly smaller heads) or Athena (blue core command uniform) to beef up their solicits? I remember Amok Time continuing Majestic's 12" Battlestar Galactica figures not that long ago. It could make for one beautiful, cohesive line.

Would this even be possible??
                Last edited by Harbingerboy; Feb 28, '14, 5:13 AM.

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

Could someone like Doc take the unproduced prototype heads and offer them under different names?
                  If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                    Career Member
                    • Nov 29, 2003

Are the prototypes of the unproduced figures for sale by any chance?

Comment

• GUYx1
                      FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                      • Apr 20, 2005

I tried emailing them on that topic. No reply.
                      Cheers,
                      Guyx1

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by Mefiboschet
                        Are the prototypes of the unproduced figures for sale by any chance?
                        We do not sell prototypes. Additionally, it is our understanding that the view of NBC is to not renew this particular license for BSG at this time - to anyone. This is our understanding but this may or may not reflect the official view of NBC/Universal.
                        Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                        bifbangpow.com
                        twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• GUYx1
                          FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                          • Apr 20, 2005

Well great to have that clarified
                          Thank you BBP for your great investment and participation in this toyline.
                          Looks like the answer is using the existing stock to make our own characters.

As I have said before when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
                          Right now, I'm just buying up existing stock and seeing what I can do.

In the words of Tim Gunn "Make it work people"
                          paraphrasing the words of Oscar Goldman "
                          Gentlemen, we can rebuild them...
                          Cheers,
                          Guyx1

Comment

• greenguy
                            • Dec 30, 2013

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                            Additionally, it is our understanding that the view of NBC is to not renew this particular license for BSG at this time - to anyone. This is our understanding but this may or may not reflect the official view of NBC/Universal.
                            That's too bad, but not surprising.

Universal has always treated Galactica like a red headed stepchild.

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Yeah, that's actually pretty surprising. Seems like it's a property that has never gotten its fair shake in action figures.

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                                Career Member
                                • Nov 29, 2003

Well, that doesn't leave much options. BSG was the line I dreamt of having as Mego 8" figures ever since 1979. I've been working on customs before the BBP line was released.
                                I do have 8" custom head sculpts for Tigh, Boomer and Baltar (as well as Apollo, Starbuck und Adama, but here we have the BBP heads now) plus 12" scale heads for Casseopeia, Serana. Somebody from the forum also sculpted a fantastic Commander Caine head, but never actually sent it.
                                Maye it is time to revive this BSG custom project.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎