X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tothiro
    Kitten Mittens
    • Aug 28, 2008

@Bats they're larger than Chips.

@Sprytel Agreed - major plus in recognizing and moving to fix. I have hope. To your suggestion though I think it's sincerely unlikely the material is causing the gaffe. Millions of Barbies/Monster High made a year. Plus as I mentioned, if it were an issue of the factory being unable to work in the material, then the neck plugs wouldn't have fit into the bodies. It's something else.

@Harbingerboy Yeah, I find some flaw, but it's like asking what's the best flavor of ice cream. I think they would have gotten some love if scale (and color) were different.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

I don't want a solid head for these figures; I just want a head with a little bit more firmness to it.

Take Doc's Zorro head, or Commander X head; those suckers are pretty firm, and don't have a lot of give to them except with the aid of some hot tap water.

THAT'S what I want in an action figure head. Firm, but malleable; not hard as a rock.
      JediJaida

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
        w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
        • Sep 17, 2008

Originally posted by Harbingerboy
        I haven't had issue with any of BBP's likenesses really, and don't understand what everyone's complaining about in that arena, especially considering these are retro-aciton figures and not Sideshow/Hot Toys 1/6 scale collectibles. The only likeness issues I've kinda cringed about were a few of Spectre's Dark Shadows, but I feel that's more of a paint app (or lack of) issue than sculpt.
        I have to say I completely agree. We are talking Mego-esque/retro here, not $150 1:6 scale examples. That being said, the likenesses look pretty damn good to me!
        MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

i recieved rudy,adama and starbuck today and although i haven't opened them yet,i see or have no issues with the heads from what i see,I was fearing the heads would be big like for a 12" figure,so no flashback of the 12' captain america 1979 fiasco here lol

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

just opened up adama and starbuck and I love them,the heads are fine IMO,starbuck's helmet fits snug and is solid,adama's suit has a nice "furrish" texture.i'm very pleased with them; so cannot wait for next month and steve austin to arrive.

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

I received my Starbuck and Adama today and I am quite happy with them. Looking forward to Apollo, the Cylon and a certain cyborg.

Comment

• Jason73
                Correctamundo!
                • Jan 11, 2009

Originally posted by phil
                I received my Starbuck and Adama today and I am quite happy with them. Looking forward to Apollo, the Cylon and a certain cyborg.
                Post some pictures.
                Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

Sorry. I have no way to post photos. If I could I would.

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

some photos that don't tend to get posted

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

some in the package pics are here:

Comment

• BATMAN89
                        Mego obsessed!!!
                        • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by Tothiro
                        @Bats they're larger than Chips.
                        Oh no! That's really huge!
                        Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

I wish they had used the back of the card as the front.
                          Looks a lot more Mego.
                          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Chris
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                            I wish they had used the back of the card as the front.
                            Looks a lot more Mego.
                            That would be my one critique too. Starbuck, Adama and Rudy Wells arrived. They look great. No issues with the head as far as I can tell. I'm going to pick up another Starbuck and Cylon. JLABS and LENZI have kids to feed.
                            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Tothiro
                              Kitten Mittens
                              • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by Chris
                              That would be my one critique too. Starbuck, Adama and Rudy Wells arrived. They look great. No issues with the head as far as I can tell. I'm going to pick up another Starbuck and Cylon. JLABS and LENZI have kids to feed.
                              And again, same note as the SMDM Rudy thread - did you happen to pick up an Apollo as well? If so is Apollo the same height as Starbuck/Adama? I'm all about feeding hungry children - that's one of the reasons the problems in these lines should be correctly diagnosed and corrected.
                              Think of the children... The hungry, hungry children.

Comment

• Chris
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 23, 2009

Apollo hasn't arrived yet. I won't be home until Sunday/Monday but will break out the ruler then.
                                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎