Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuzzysnail
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 18, 2007

I would luv to see pics of the paint touch up.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Got mine and thought they looked great. Then I opened them up to find Starbuk had two left arms....one of Apollo's hands is falling off and Cylon can't lift his arms. That sucks. It's not as bad as CTVT but I had the same feeling I had when I first bought their Happy Days line.

I was so excited for these and having two of my four figures have production issues didn't give me a warm feeling. Hopefully SMDM is made with a little more care.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Jason73
        Correctamundo!
        • Jan 11, 2009

Originally posted by Brown Bear
        Got mine and thought they looked great. Then I opened them up to find Starbuk had two left arms....one of Apollo's hands is falling off and Cylon can't lift his arms. That sucks. It's not as bad as CTVT but I had the same feeling I had when I first bought their Happy Days line.

I was so excited for these and having two of my four figures have production issues didn't give me a warm feeling. Hopefully SMDM is made with a little more care.
        That's too bad. Entertainment Earth replaced my Rudy Wells that had two right legs. Did you buy your figures from them?
        Last edited by Jason73; Aug 6, '12, 8:45 PM.
        Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• Chris
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Brown Bear
          Got mine and thought they looked great. Then I opened them up to find Starbuk had two left arms....one of Apollo's hands is falling off and Cylon can't lift his arms.
          I switched my Cylon body with a ZICA body. The arms can now bend at the elbee-bone. I also went with black hands so the figure can grip the sword and gun better. It isn't an easy swap because the black jumpsuit is glued to the body.
          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• AcroRay
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 17, 2005

I'm not too put off by the Cylon's issues. The 'beer gut' so many of the Cylons on the show had seems rather faithfully reproduced here. I doubt any of the actors in the Cylon suits could sit down at all well, either! ;-) I'll be in for a Cylon. Personally, I'm not too interested in any of the rest of the gang other than Lucifer anyway...
            Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
            AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
            The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
            Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

i just got my capt apollo & cylons to go with adama & starbuck figures ,What can i say their awsome ,of course the
              warriors-heros heads are a bit to large ,but their really well done ,the cylons are just to cool,and are the best of
              the set,great job bif bang pow,cant wait to see future figures,i hope you do a Sheba (i like Ann Lochart).

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

Received my Apollo and Cylon figures yesterday. I have no problem with Apollo but I am a bit disappointed with the arm articulation on the Cylon.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                  To Fear is Not Logical...
                  • Feb 17, 2008

My Apollo and Cylon and Tote came in while we were away on vacation. I was glad to see them come in. Apollo's head is a bit larger than original Megos, but it does't look that bad and the helmet fits very well. The Cylons look great. Hope this does well that there will at least be a wave two.
                  It's all good!

Comment

• megoscott
                    Founding Partner
                    • Nov 17, 2006

Mea Culpa time.

So....I made some pretty frank comments earlier in this thread, and I regret some of them. I got caught up in my own little riptide of nerd rage.
                    My comment that there was no point in me looking forward to more BSG figures if the first ones were not good enough was thoughtless and unnecessary. I've apologized to the guys at BifBangPow in private and I say it again here.

Enough has been said about the figures' flaws. I see them and they do bother me....but not as much as I thought they would. I was really encouraged to hear positive comments from other people here and it made me lighten up on them. It's good to be reminded that getting brand new Mego-like toys is always a good thing.

It's also good to remeber that I might change my mind after I get them and play with them and get to know them.

Today I lined them up in my Dida transporter room for that amazing sci-fi Mego group shot of my dreams. Mego Kirk, BSG, Dr Who, Flash Gordon, the EMCE Khan, Gorn, Sulu and Checkov...

Holy cow, we are living in an age of miracles. Unbelievable. Thank you, BBP and thank you, Doctor of all things Mego. They aren't always perfect, but there sure are a lot of cool toys in my house.

Attached Files
                    This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

That's a really cool group pic.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Space Ace - clever!

Comment

• alex
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 15, 2009

Well I just got my trio of Cylons in the other day, and I really was in awe how much detail and work went into these. Definately happy with them. Ok they have thier flaws, but I really dont care, its just a very cool looking toy!!!

Comment

• Chris
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by MegoScott
                            So....I made some pretty frank comments earlier in this thread, and I regret some of them. I got caught up in my own little riptide of nerd rage.
                            My comment that there was no point in me looking forward to more BSG figures if the first ones were not good enough was thoughtless and unnecessary. I've apologized to the guys at BifBangPow in private and I say it again here.
                            Thx, Scott! Glad you wrote that. I haven't taken my Starbuck and Apollo out of the package but they look fine to me. Luv Adama too. I really like the Gold and Battle damaged Cylons.

Between you, me and the MegoMuseum I can't write enough good things about Jason Labs and Lenzi. I have so much respect for those two. Plus, Lenzi's one of the greatest people on this planet.

BTW, great photo.
                            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Love the group shot! Been meaning to do that now that SMDM is in. We're almost at the point that we can recreate this shot with Mego like product.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
                                Verbose Member
                                • Aug 9, 2001

Who's the girl in front of the TARDIS with the blue hot pants ?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎