X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

A peak at how Retro Action Wonder Woman has been trending on eBay

Pretty consistent between $35-50. This might be the one to hang onto in the Mattel retro line. My theory is because doll collectors didn't catch it first round in the "boys" action figure aisles. Her three wave-mates including Flash can still be found selling close to retail or in the case of the villains, discounted.

RETRO ACTION DC SUPER HEROES WONDER WOMAN #R5943 MINT COND 2010 | eBay
    RETRO ACTION DC SUPER HEROES WONDER WOMAN #R5943 MINT 2010 027084832891 | eBay
    WONDER WOMAN DC Super Heroes Retro-Action 8" inch Figure 75th Anniversary 2011 | eBay
    WONDER WOMAN DC Super Heroes Retro-Action 8" inch Figure 75th Anniversary 2011 | eBay

A BIN for fifty. Be interesting to see if anyone bites.
    RETRO ACTION DC SUPER HEROES WONDER WOMAN #R5943 MINT COND 2010 | eBay
    Last edited by samurainoir; May 14, '12, 3:21 PM.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

I regret they didn't make more female characters. The new face & body were terrific.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

All the characters in that installment were a keeper. It's too bad the line was cancelled. I think it was really beginning to find a quality that would have carried it much further had it had the inside backing at Mattel.

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

Yeah, I've been trying to score a couple of cheap ones to make a Lois Lane and Carol Ferris customs, but 35 to 50 is too rich for my blood for those purposes.

Comment

• bobws
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 13, 2008

Same thought for me for a Zatanna.
          "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• megocrazy
            Museum Trouble Maker
            • Feb 18, 2007

An 8" Diana Prince navy suit would have been great on this figure too.
            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

I have an extra that I had bought for a vampirella custom, but now rethinking that.

They really do need a nice rooted brunette head we can use for customs.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Believe it or not,$35 is pretty cheap when you take into to account these are going for $60 on Amazon.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by samurainoir
                  I have an extra that I had bought for a vampirella custom, but now rethinking that.

They really do need a nice rooted brunette head we can use for customs.
                  ATTN: Doc--"blond girl" needs a companion
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Cindy kept hers MOC. Probably not a bad idea!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 23, 2011

The prices on these EMCE figures are certainly jumping. I bought all the Trek repros and only opened Spock, Kirk, McCoy and Klingon. I see Scotty on Amazon for $80.00. The Romulan I think I spotted on Ebay for $60.00. And I don't see any of the others on Ebay or Amazon. I was thinking of opening these and displaying but may not now. Even Zaius and Zira are going for more money. I have all the Apes and didn't open those 2.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                        Formerly known as Del
                        • Dec 12, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        Cindy kept hers MOC. Probably not a bad idea!

Chris
                        So did I. I only opened the ones I needed for teams. The ones that were part of the vintage line, I opened. Closest thing I can have to carded Megos.
                        Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                        https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                        http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• johnmiic
                          Adrift
                          • Sep 6, 2002

So Mattel won't produce this female body for some other line? So many customers out there could use this for customs.

Comment

• tllgn
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 6, 2010

and another reason ,why she does so well,there are a lot of classic mego wonder women
                            figures out there that dont have an outfit,and this retro outfit looks fantastic on a classic.

i have one dressed and displayed in a plastic case-looks really awesome.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                              OH JES!!
                              • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by samurainoir
                              Pretty consistent between $35-50. This might be the one to hang onto in the Mattel retro line. My theory is because doll collectors didn't catch it first round in the "boys" action figure aisles. Her three wave-mates including Flash can still be found selling close to retail or in the case of the villains, discounted.
                              They were in the aisles???? Really? I totally missed that???(sarcasm) They did a Horrendous job with this line in the stores. mattel should be totally embarrassed......and those that oversell this doll are no better for taking advantage of us the 8 inch doll collector....the Idea was for us the collectors to find them at the retail price NOT at double or triple the price,from an Ebay seller. is it a great figure? Yes.....will it go for big bucks in the future? I doubt it...there is no nostalgia attached to it. unless you're giving it to someone as a gift.......and Tonner and even DC direct make larger versions that the Doll collector desires more....
                              Last edited by kingdom warrior; May 31, '12, 1:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎