Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

After seeing the final figure...I'm now totally convinced it looks nothing like Lee Majors. Just look at the picture on the Card art behind him...there's your comparison. This one's an easy pass for me.
    sigpic

Comment

• Jerry68
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
      After seeing the final figure...I'm now totally convinced it looks nothing like Lee Majors. Just look at the picture on the Card art behind him...there's your comparison. This one's an easy pass for me.
      That is exactly what I thought when I wrote my reply.
      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
        I am confident this figure will turn out awesome, seen it up close and it's creepily good. Also glad they didn't do the eyebrow thing, it's kind of cartoony.
        Must be a LOT different than what's pictured at EE. Cause that is nothing I see as Lee Majors.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I'm not going to continue but I've held the damn thing right up to kenner steve austin and it's a great likeness of the guy.

Continue with your bashing.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by palitoy
            I'm not going to continue but I've held the damn thing right up to kenner steve austin and it's a great likeness of the guy.

Continue with your bashing.
            I'm going to trust your opinion on this, as you're the only one here who's seen it in person.
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

OK, even with my glasses on I'm just not seeing it. Hope you are right.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                OK, even with my glasses on I'm just not seeing it. Hope you are right.
                I get it Joe.

At least reserve final judgement until SDCC, when photos will be available. The side profile is great.
                The sculptor is an ace for likeness and bbp brought him in because of it. It looks like him, trust me or don't, its not that vital to me that you like this. I've just seen it up close and really liked what I saw.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

As long as I have enough time to cancel my preorder after seeing the SDCC pics. The pic of the original sculpt is impressive and hoped it would translate to the finishe product well. This along with the Monsters are my two lines I would collect after the demise of new Trek classic figures.

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

I think there is at least two weeks to decide.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 12, 2004

I really loved the unpainted prototype sculpt, but this looks nothing like Lee Majors. I'll reserve final judgement until better pictures surface during SDCC. I've already pre-ordered three of the red suit/Bigfoot and three of the Khakis. I really want this line to succeed.

Does anyone know if Bigfoot was given bigger feet, or will they actually be tiny little 8" size Mego feet? Bigfoot is called Bigfoot for a reason.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

There is an awful lot of bitter in here.

I'm holding out hope until after we see pictures from SDCC.

It always disappoints me how quickly people turn on anyone trying to do something like this.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

looks alright to me,true i miss the raised eyebrow of Lee,looking forward to seeing the final production piece

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

I'm a little confused on this point...is voicing your opinion considered "bashing"?
                            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Guess so, Dane. This was the Mego-esque figure I was wanting the most and it really doesn't look good compared to the prototype sculpt pics.
                              Last edited by thunderbolt; Jul 1, '12, 4:38 AM.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 27, 2011

Never forget that there are living, breathing, feeling human beings who have invested a lot of time and money into bringing these figures to market. And there is a very fine line between constructive criticism and bashing.

For myself, I am very curious to see what they have done.

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎