Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Sorry if this has already been asked, but if it has I missed it.

Are you guys going to make a Jaime Sommers ?

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
      Career Member
      • Dec 21, 2009

I know everyone wants an answer, but we can't comment on unannounced products or characters.

Originally posted by Mikey
      Sorry if this has already been asked, but if it has I missed it.

Are you guys going to make a Jaime Sommers ?
      Co-founder, BifBangPow!
      bifbangpow.com
      twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Werewolf
        I find it difficult to be overly critical of small companies going out of their way to cater to us with niche retro properties. I think it's amazing these figures exist at all. In my minds eye I originally had them pictured as looking like 8 inch versions of Kenner figures but what they did is probably much closer in style to what Mego would have done.
        ^This.
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• GlobalObserver
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 12, 2004

I've already ordered three sets of red suit Steve/Bigfoot & Khakis Steve, as well as a 3-headed Rudy. I'll also be ordering the Oscar/Fembot set. I won't be canceling my pre-orders regardless of how the final product looks.

Looking foward to seeing better pictures of the Steve head sculpt. Also looking forward to seeing how the bionic limbs look.

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

I have these on pre-order and don't plan on cancelling. I wasn't 100% sold on any of the pics I've seen (painted or unpainted) of the headsculpt so far but I AM sold on the figures regardless. Have I seen other SMDM/Lee Majors custom headsculpts that have a better likeness? Yes, in fact I was pretty satisfied with my own custom I made a few years ago. But these are 100% legit, licensed figures of a line that I'm interested in so I have to support it. The Bigfoot figure is reason alone to jump on board as far as I'm concerned. Having all of these characters in the same scale as other Mego lines of that era is fantastic IMO. Now I was never a fan of BSG, but I still appreciate what BBP is doing in regards to that license as well. Just seems to me that it's the same people complaining about these various Re-Mego lines ALL the time. If you don't like it, save your money and make your own. (Heck I recarded ALL of my BBP Lost & Twilight Zone and Mattel Retro-Action figures because I didn't like the designs but you don't hear me constantly gripping about it...) No one's holding a gun to your head to buy or not buy.
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

Oh i'm stlll looking forward to all the SMDM products coming soon to my mailbox.I want to say a Big thank you! to BBP for making these becuase as a kid i had always wanted steve austin and bigfoot for christmas,never got them(i did get maskatron;i used the steve mask for a bionic man figure)So for me this will be the "christmas" i wanted 36 years ago lol

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 12, 2004

I've already spent $207.63 for ten SMDM figures, so I'm doing my part to support this line.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I've never been more excited about any line than I have for the SMDM license. Nothing I have seen has done anything to lessen my enthusiasm. I have every single item on pre-order from July through October. And I will be ordering duplicates of Steve as well. The love by BBP is apparent and I think the attention to detail is there. I do have one question though. Will the key chains come with the regular figures or is that strictly a convention exclusive? Plenty of love here BBP. Thanks for all your hard work!!! I and many, many Six Mill fans are in your debt.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

i have two sets of red suit steve and bigfoot,one for khakis steve,rudy wells and oscar and fembot on order

Comment

• nobody
                      banjo!
                      • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                      , and "shrinkage" occurs. .

Comment

• Chris
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                        I know everyone wants an answer, but we can't comment on unannounced products or characters.
                        No rush. Let us know when you can....or secretly pm us. We are very patient.
                        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                          Just seems to me that it's the same people complaining about these various Re-Mego lines ALL the time. If you don't like it, save your money and make your own.
                          I don't believe people voice their feelings for the hell of it...it's just that they are incredibly disappointed about something they were very much looking forward to. You know how you build something up in your mind, but the final result turns out to be a let down? I know, I let this happen to me with the Mattel Batman.

And I agree with you, if you're not happy with a Re-Mego...make your own custom figure. I did...and my custom Year One Batman is better than anything Mattel put out(and I don't mean that to be a brag).
                          sigpic

Comment

• mego73
                            Printed paperboard Tiger
                            • Aug 1, 2003

The Steve Austin shown suffers from prototypitus. Like other prototypes I see the head is a bit too large and I think it effects the overall look. Then, It all looks better with the final figure with the proper sized production head (like the Twilight Zone figures).

Again, seeing season one Steve Austin, his hair was more "sculpted" and his face a little thinner and the head captures that just right. I think the paint can be improved a bit, but again, I see paint improvement between the Twilight Zone prototypes and final figures as well. I'll be getting them

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 12, 2004

I think all three Rudy heads came out really well. I'm hoping the same can be said of Steve once we've seen more and better pics.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                                Just seems to me that it's the same people complaining about these various Re-Mego lines ALL the time. If you don't like it, save your money and make your own. (Heck I recarded ALL of my BBP Lost & Twilight Zone and Mattel Retro-Action figures because I didn't like the designs but you don't hear me constantly gripping about it...) No one's holding a gun to your head to buy or not buy.
                                The only other gripe I had was Pike's big painted noggin, and the fact that Mattel killed Retro Action. SMDM was one I was looking forward to and the EE pics of him killed that interest.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎