The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pike&Salt vampire: Not the same manufacturer as the previous figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pascal
    Museum Patron
    • May 8, 2008

Pike&Salt vampire: Not the same manufacturer as the previous figures?

I think the manufacturer who made the figurines Pike & Slat Vampire is not the same as one who made the previous figurines of the line Star Trek (and Planet of the Apes).

What makes me say this is: is that in August 2008, Paul said that the Bridge lay Set had been made ​​by another manufacturer that makes the Star Trek figures.

And the case of 8 figures Pike&Salt Vampire has the same characteristics as the case of 2 Bridge Play Set.

Here are the particulars that are on the case of 8 Pike & Slat Vampire and find themselves (with different numbers) on the case of 2 Bridge Play Set and on any other case of figurines Star Trek:
    CARTON NUMBER: xxx of 500
    UPC CODE : 699788178331
    G.W.: 2.21 KG
    N.W.: 0,77 KG
    MEAS: 30 x 26 x 27 cm

(?)
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

I believe Doc has stated that DST manufactured Pike and Salt, as well as the bridge play set, in their own factories rather than emce's. Which is why we had the painted head on Pike.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
      Career Member
      • Sep 5, 2005

It think (careful there, right?) op means the sourced manufacturer, ie: the physical manufacturing plant / business that got the job of mass producing this wave. DST is the license holder and EMCE are contracted by them to prototype and perhaps even arrange for the manufacture, as I understand it. To my knowledge, neither company owns nor operates an industrial manufacturing facility.

It's very common to switch manufacturers, and the last several years have been particularly volatile in terms of Chinese and Indian plants opening and closing.
      Last edited by darkmonkeygod; Apr 24, '12, 1:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

What I meant is that DST uses different factories in China than the one's EMCE uses, if my memory serves. Not that either own their own factories. Pike and Salt were manufactured by one that DST normally contracts for their projects, which was a different factory than the previous Trek figures?

(and BBP has their own preferred vendors as well to manufacture their figures, correct?)

I can't find the thread... am I misremembering?
        Last edited by samurainoir; Apr 23, '12, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Pascal
          Museum Patron
          • May 8, 2008

This is what I think.

But I wonder if it is a manufacturer of Diamond Select or a new of EMCE. There is little time Doc said the zombie kit was made ​​by another manufacturer (different from the series 2 of Night of the Dead).

Comment

• drmego
            EMCE Toys
            • Jun 15, 2001

DST was able to get a better price for Trek and the Monsters from one of
            their factories, so the figures were made there. We work well with DST
            on the design and creation, but it's easier for us not to have to keep
            a lot of capital tied up in production. This allowed us to produce the
            Create your own zombie kit.

The factory we used to make the first two years of Trek and Apes was
            great, but since this style of toy is not their specialty, they were not
            able to match it. EMCE has been working with several factories in the
            past few years with mixed results, but I think we have found someone
            who understands our needs and can deliver.
            Last edited by drmego; Apr 24, '12, 11:11 AM.
            www.drmego.com
            www.megoman.com
            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Thanks for clarifying Doc. Looking forward to the new NotLD the most.

Comment

• Pascal
                Museum Patron
                • May 8, 2008

Doc, many thanks for these informations on the history of a great toy's line !!!

Comment

• Pascal
                  Museum Patron
                  • May 8, 2008

Originally posted by drmego
                  The factory we used to make the first two years of Trek and Apes was
                  great, but since this style of toy is not their specialty, they were not
                  able to match it.
                  Doc, I just have one last request for information. When you say your first manufacturer produced the first two years of Star Trek and Planet of the Apes, is that these are the first three sets of Star Trek (Kirk+Klindon, Spock+Andorian, McCoy+Romulan)?

Comment

• actjac01
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 17, 2009

The factory we used to make the first two years of Trek and Apes was great, but since this style of toy is not their specialty, they were not able to match it. EMCE has been working with several factories in thepast few years with mixed results, but I think we have found someone who understands our needs and can deliver.
                    Well, that does explain, for me at least, why the figures weren't strung together correctly in the first place.
                    I mean, all of the hardware is there, but it seems like they didn't understand how it was all suppose to actually assemble & work, so they just made their best guess... I guess.
                    "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

• drmego
                      EMCE Toys
                      • Jun 15, 2001

My original factory made Kirk through Gorn and series 1 of NOTLD.

Originally posted by Pascal
                      Doc, I just have one last request for information. When you say your first manufacturer produced the first two years of Star Trek and Planet of the Apes, is that these are the first three sets of Star Trek (Kirk+Klindon, Spock+Andorian, McCoy+Romulan)?
                      www.drmego.com
                      www.megoman.com
                      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Pascal
                        Museum Patron
                        • May 8, 2008

So many little secrets finally revealed ...
                        Another big thank you to Doc!

I'll try to see if there are differences between the first (Kirk through Gorn) and subsequent productions...
                        Last edited by Pascal; Apr 26, '12, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• Pascal
                          Museum Patron
                          • May 8, 2008

On cardback of Star Trek line, there was first the series 1-3 (kirk, klingon, spock, andorian, mccoy, romulan) and after series 4-7 (scotty, keeper, uhura, mugatu, chekov, cheron, sulu, gorn). It is these that were made by the first manufacturer of EMCE. I assume the exclusive Khan was also done by this manufacturer

I love them. In addition, there were some errors in manufacturing (which I love and collect).

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎