Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Back in June, a Matty representative (was this Toy Guru?) made this statement in a Q&A.

Infinite Hollywood: Mattel Q&A June 15th, 2011 - Retro Action RIP
    2. Are the sales of Retro-Action figures robust enough to sustain at retail at present and will MattyCollector continue to offer exclusives?

Customer interest has not been high enough to keep the Retro Action line going either at retail or online past the 2011 offerings.

If collector interest had been high enough to continue the line in 2012 we certainly might have looked into this, but for now 2011 will be the final product for this line.

Since then, there has been much despair, hope and speculation about the line with not much said officially since other than Doc's recent comment quoted in this thread. At one point Bif Bang Pow (which now has a track record with various properties and a distribution channel via their online retail partner EE) mentioned that they sent a proposal to Mattel about exploring the possibilty of continuing the line with their involvement. Entertainment Earth has offered exclusive product prior... Star Wars figure packs come to mind.

I think Doc recently said that there were 6(?) additional characters that they had in the pipeline before the curtain seemingly came down?

Some of us choose to remain optimistic that there is a chance that the line continues on Matty as was previously suggested. Although given the fact that the Green Lanterns keep coming back on sale, perhaps the best chance of success at Matty might be sticking with Batman and Superman characters? Particularly with two major movies coming out in 2012.
    Last edited by samurainoir; Jan 9, '12, 12:38 AM.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

MIB41- I'm not trying to have a fight. I would really like to see an official announcement from Mattel either way on the retros. As it is- it just all seems to be in limbo and thats frustrating.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

I think the point has been beaten to death. My comment was stated to reiterate the direction Mattel was headed based on commentary Paul offered to this forum. I've never known him to be wrong when he's decided to make such statements public. So if I took perceived 'liberties' in passing along his statement as fact, then please forgive me for placing my trust in Paul. Need I bother to mention that my original post also ended with a statement of protest suggesting a great deal of SUPPORT for Paul and Joe, which clearly extends to their EMCE team. No one was trying to spread false bravado here. And if Crimson felt a correction or clarification of my statement was needed, he could have done so without being indignant about it. If he is suppose to be a representative of the EMCE company in making such public statements, I would hope someone will pull him aside and offer him a refresher course on proper etiquette when addressing the consumer of which this forum carries many who have read this thread.
        Last edited by MIB41; Jan 9, '12, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
          MIB41- I'm not trying to have a fight. I would really like to see an official announcement from Mattel either way on the retros. As it is- it just all seems to be in limbo and thats frustrating.
          Dutifully noted. We're on the same team here. Lets move on and put this behind us. I want to see more of your work if your the sculptor. I have greater faith in what you have made than anything Mattel could conjure up from their inner sanctum.
          Last edited by MIB41; Jan 9, '12, 1:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎