X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPittVol
    Volunteer Collector
    • Feb 23, 2011

Cyber Monday deal on Matty Green Arrow!

The price on GA has been dropped to $14 on the MattyCollector website. Also what's left of the MOTUC figures are 50% off. Great deals!
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

That is an amazing price! I am not ordering for 1 figure, but if someone is picking up an order from Matty, I will trade for a GA. I have it, but I want a loose one too.

Comment

• jimsmegos
      Mego Dork
      • Nov 9, 2008

While I would love to snatch up a few of these I can't help but feel as if there is bait and switch going on here. Sold out for so long but then to reappear at an incredibly discounted price, and is the only one at such a discount? You would think that all RA's 'left over' would be on some sort of sale as well.

Glad that folks who missed him can get Green Arrow now, but seems like a slap in the face to those who tried to be dedicated to supporting the line from its inception to cancellation.

Still, get 'em while the gettin's good. He is a great figure.

Comment

• David Lee
        The Fix-it-up Chappie
        • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by jimsmegos
        While I would love to snatch up a few of these I can't help but feel as if there is bait and switch going on here. Sold out for so long but then to reappear at an incredibly discounted price, and is the only one at such a discount? You would think that all RA's 'left over' would be on some sort of sale as well.

Glad that folks who missed him can get Green Arrow now, but seems like a slap in the face to those who tried to be dedicated to supporting the line from its inception to cancellation.

Still, get 'em while the gettin's good. He is a great figure.
        agreed Jim, I can't help but feel a little hornswaggled... I get on board early and order an exclusive from their "pain in the rear" website and pay $30, only to have them blown out at half that? after they were supposedly sold out?

Bad Form in my opinion...

-Dave

Comment

• MegoMark71
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 18, 2008

Matty.com and their tactics were the reason i gave up on the Masters of the universe line. I loved those figures but every month it was something else. No doubt about it now that they are shady.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

There is no doubt that there "sold out" items are no such thing (in many cases anyway). The JLU 4-packs that were sold out for months suddenly reappear with those mass quantity deals? How can you have products available in bulk if they were sold out? One or two finds in a warehouse I can understand, but...

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

So what is the purpose of the artificial sellout?
              Does it supposedly drive up the demand for the next figure down the pipe?
              Really, I don't get this at all. Matty could have been selling this figure over the last two years and getting income from it, but they decide to hold onto stock and then sell at discount?
              Should we suppose that any of the other 'sold out' exclusives are just waiting in the wings?

I am happy that folks who wanted this figure can now get ahold of it, but I am really put off by whatever flimflam is going on at the Matty site.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                Mego Dork
                • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                Does it supposedly drive up the demand for the next figure down the pipe?
                And Bingo was his Name-O.

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

OK,

so if you make 1000 figures and 'sell out' at 500; and then instantly 'sell out' your next figure at 500 of 1000, you still end up with an armload of dead stock. And, since you are selling at retail and not auction, you are not making any more off of the limiting of your sales. I understand a limited production figure. I do not understand randomly pulling items off of your sales rack when they are selling. Sounds more like calculated shooting in the foot.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                    Permanent Member
                    • Dec 18, 2008

Matty will make your brain hurt trying to figure them out.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by MegoMark71
                      Matty will make your brain hurt trying to figure them out.
                      I gave up trying to figure them out after the Aldi's mess with the 2002 MOTU stuff.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jimsmegos
                        While I would love to snatch up a few of these I can't help but feel as if there is bait and switch going on here.
                        Mattel has long stated they hold quanties of figures back for comic cons and returns for defects. After a certain time expires the left over figures set aside gets put on the site for sale. They make no secret of it.

I'm not one to blindly stick up for Mattel but sometimes the hate and conspiracy theories get a little out there.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                          I gave up trying to figure them out after the Aldi's mess with the 2002 MOTU stuff.
                          After the Spin Blade disaster no other retailer would touch MOTU and the left over stock got sent to Aldis.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bulldog6125
                            • Jan 18, 2010

Its a good deal neverless and I got one today.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                              Mego Dork
                              • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                              Mattel has long stated they hold quanties of figures back for comic cons and returns for defects. After a certain time expires the left over figures set aside gets put on the site for sale. They make no secret of it.

I'm not one to blindly stick up for Mattel but sometimes the hate and conspiracy theories get a little out there.
                              If that's the case then wouldn't the phrase "Temporarily out of stock" be more appropriate than "Sold Out"?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎