X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Magyar
    Permanent Member
    • Jan 17, 2011

Doctor Who - a review ( kind of )

Well I finally got a round to opening the Doctor Who figures and this is what I found, the good and the bad.

The good:
    Head sculpts and outfits are Fantastic. Perfect choice of accessories, although the Masters Rod of Rassillon is a little big to fit easily into his hand. Also there no worries about the joints of the figures coming apart ala CTVT, NO cheap plastic here!

Now for the bad - yes there is bad:
    1. Upon removing my Doctor from the package his right leg fell off - the rubber inside had broken, the thin ( but strong ) metal wiring had ripped through it. Fortunately thanks to CTVT I've had lots of experience fixing things like this.

2. When I took out the Cyberman I thought his leg was falling off too BUT - the use of 2 metal hooks for the hip joints causes them to ride up into the waist area and one of them had gotten caught inside the waist area, all I needed to do was give him a good twist from side to side and it was ok - BUT I can see this being a recurring issue and happening again.

3. My MASTER figure has NO left hand, 2 right hands. Must have been the same person putting him together as the Yellow Body I got from CTVT that had 2 left hands.
    HEY BifBangPowJLenzi - You don't have and extra left hand for the Master that you'd like to send me do you? I can't see of going to the trouble of returning him to EE over this but it would be nice to get it fixed.

Well, that's been my experience. I love having these Doctor Who figures and will get the future releases but it would have been nice not to have run into these issues.
    Last edited by Mego Magyar; Nov 2, '11, 7:45 AM.
  • BifBangPow! JLabs
    Career Member
    • Dec 21, 2009

Thanks for your business! This is the first that we've heard of poor quality on our Doctor Who figures. We have no extra parts on hand - we only buy complete figures from our factories, so the best thing to do is contact Entertainment Earth immediately and they will send out replacements - no questions asked!

Originally posted by magyar1964
    Well I finally got a round to opening the Doctor Who figures and this is what I found, the good and the bad.

The good:
    Head sculpts and outfits are Fantastic. Perfect choice of accessories, although the Masters Rod of Rassillon is a little big to fit easily into his hand. Also there no worries about the joints of the figures coming apart ala CTVT, NO cheap plastic here!

Now for the bad - yes there is bad:
    1. Upon removing my Doctor from the package his right leg fell off - the rubber inside had broken, the thin ( but strong ) metal wiring had ripped through it. Fortunately thanks to CTVT I've had lots of experience fixing things like this.

2. When I took out the Cyberman I thought his leg was falling off too BUT - the use of 2 metal hooks for the hip joints causes them to ride up into the waist area and one of them had gotten caught inside the waist area, all I needed to do was give him a good twist from side to side and it was ok - BUT I can see this being a recurring issue and happening again.

3. My MASTER figure has NO left hand, 2 right hands. Must have been the same person putting him together as the Yellow Body I got from CTVT that had 2 left hands.
    HEY BifBangPowJLenzi - You don't have and extra left hand for the Master that you'd like to send me do you? I can't see of going to the trouble of returning him to EE over this but it would be nice to get it fixed.

Well, that's been my experience. I love having these Doctor Who figures and will get the future releases but it would have been nice not to have run into these issues.
    Co-founder, BifBangPow!
    bifbangpow.com
    twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Mego Magyar
      Permanent Member
      • Jan 17, 2011

I just called EE like you said and they are going to send out a replacement Master right away and they don't want me to return the other one. I love these figures and as far as problems with the metal hooks or broken rubber bands - it happens and I understand but I am glad that the Master is being taken care of. I think I just have bad luck and probably got the only figures that had an issue.

I look forward to getting the other figures and HOPE that this line lasts a long time.

Comment

• drmego
        EMCE Toys
        • Jun 15, 2001

I can fix the Doctor Who body. The hook in the leg can snap when the
        assembler gets carried away tightening up the rubber bands - it puts
        pressure on the ABS hook.

Let me know if you need my address.
        www.drmego.com
        www.megoman.com
        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Mego Magyar
          Permanent Member
          • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by drmego
          I can fix the Doctor Who body. The hook in the leg can snap when the
          assembler gets carried away tightening up the rubber bands - it puts
          pressure on the ABS hook.

Let me know if you need my address.
          Thanks, the hooks are fine it's the rubber band that broke on the Doctor and I've got ways to fix that.
          We have the technology and we can rebuild him.

Comment

• bobws
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 13, 2008

gotb the Doctor and Styre today and i am sooo thrilled! i need the other 2 ans a second set to keep as well.
            "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

just got notice from bbts that my set is on it's way

Comment

• tllgn
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 6, 2010

i bought two sets of these,one to take out,and one to keep fresh of each figure,no problem
                here,these are fantastic,cant wait for the next ones,i really want sarah and harry sullivan,i am in with these for the long haul,great job bif bang pow / and emce for those great bodies for these figures. if they were made any other way ,and as much as i like dr.who i would not buty them .

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎