Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think the complete collection of Retro Action figures is worth?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bones
    Museum Patron
    • Oct 4, 2009

The Flash seems to be going for a decent price on Ebay right now.

Comment

• Boywonder0
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 29, 2007

I know I won't sell mine...

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Superman and Green Arrow are going for a pretty penny on Amazon.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I too will always keep mine. They were tough enough to get just when they came out!

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

Well, I did get one of each figure including Green Arrow and all of the Green Lanterns so far. I'll make sure to get the new one on the 15th just to keep the collection complete. They are all in their boxes on display. I'll have to post a picture once I get Kyle.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I've often thought about converting my extras to boxes. I think it would be fun to see how they might have been packaged in 1974.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                Mego Dork
                • Nov 9, 2008

I'm wanting to round out a complete loose set and a carded set. Over time I think these will generate some moderate interest. If I had a crystal ball I'd say that in about two to three years we could see them averaging around $40 to $60 a piece for the regulars and $60 to $80 for the Matty exclusives. By then I think the "warehouse stock" would have been exhausted and the remaining will turn into interesting oddities of what some may consider a failed line. Plus they are DC superheroes and if the new DC look sticks I think more people will appreciate their classic looks.

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

I think that it wouls be safe to avg them currently at $20 (yes, as stated some can be found below that but also as stated there is usually shipping added on.)

Future value. - my gues less. These are not going into teh special category our megos did where everyone has them and everyone plays with them and then wants to collect them.

these are played with by some and collected by some. not enough kids will look to rekindle this collection in 20 years and there will be plenty of mint samples around. low demand - high supply. that equals low cash value.

i am gonna ay that thes figures prices will plummet to liquidate stock soon (how much did famous cover sell for after the fact? (3-10 bucks?) and then will go to remain in the 10 to 20 range for years to come never exceeding that point.

Comment

• Bones
                    Museum Patron
                    • Oct 4, 2009

Originally posted by Brue
                    I think that it wouls be safe to avg them currently at $20 (yes, as stated some can be found below that but also as stated there is usually shipping added on.)

Future value. - my gues less. These are not going into teh special category our megos did where everyone has them and everyone plays with them and then wants to collect them.

these are played with by some and collected by some. not enough kids will look to rekindle this collection in 20 years and there will be plenty of mint samples around. low demand - high supply. that equals low cash value.

i am gonna ay that thes figures prices will plummet to liquidate stock soon (how much did famous cover sell for after the fact? (3-10 bucks?) and then will go to remain in the 10 to 20 range for years to come never exceeding that point.
                    Well said. I think you may underestimate this line a little, though. I haven't been collecting them very long, but based on my experience with Star Wars -- I've been collecting that line since it relaunched in 1995 -- I think we can expect to see many of these pieces keep their value MOC, with modest gains for some like Wonder Woman, Flash, and the Lanterns. The villains especially I think will at least hold their value around $20-25.

These were made in much smaller numbers than other lines, though they were admittedly made primarily for Gen X collectors in what may be considered a niche market. But I don't think the enormous appeal and charm of Megos can be discounted here, especially considering the incredible interest the vintage line enjoys by many thousands of folks. DC Retro-Action compliments this very nicely, and will benefit from this relationship to the vintage line for as long as people collect Megos. Which, I'm hoping, is for a few more decades.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by Bones
                      I haven't been collecting them very long, but based on my experience with Star Wars -- I've been collecting that line since it relaunched in 1995 --
                      I don't know what your experience with that SW line is, but I hope the Retro line doesn't follow suit of it.

You can barley give the SW line away now.

The MOC SW toys of that time have tanked big time and are hardly worth retail.
                      Even the harder to find ones back in the day have tanked big time. I know I couldn't give them away a few years ago trying to sell them and ended up donating them the Salvation Army.

Most collectors I know have said the same trying to sell them as well.

Lynn

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

I think most of the post market value will have alot to with what happens with the 8 inch format. If it stays around, we may see another firm pick up the Marvel or DC license and advance or redo this line again. If the 8 inch line dies out, I think there is a good chance this line will find a niche in the collecting community.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎