X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daremo
    METALHEAD
    • Mar 24, 2005

Originally posted by MIB41
    Excellent! Did you explain you had a defective hand?
    Yes, I simply said that the painted hand was no where new as nice as the sculpted version, and the next email I got was the shipping statement about a new figure on the way. I was stunned actually, that they would send out another one to me, and not ask for the old in return. That's why I'm wondering if there will be a return request in the box.

Comment

• Audiorij
      Museum Super Collector
      • Nov 6, 2009

I'd be down to buy an open hand version if anyone has extras.
      My wants

Good Traders

Comment

• Mego Magyar
        Permanent Member
        • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by Audiorij
        I'd be down to buy an open hand version if anyone has extras.
        Ditto.

Comment

• toyman
          Just Another Collector
          • Sep 1, 2008

I also would like a open handed figure,I would be willing to trade a closed hand version or buy it.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Daremo
            Yes, I simply said that the painted hand was no where new as nice as the sculpted version, and the next email I got was the shipping statement about a new figure on the way. I was stunned actually, that they would send out another one to me, and not ask for the old in return. That's why I'm wondering if there will be a return request in the box.
            That's a great question. I don't know what is asked of them as far as getting a credit from the manufacturer. Of course if this is a poor seller, it may be a moot point to them.

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

just got a batch of kyle in. Couple of observations -

They did not do the little fold trick on the box tabs that pack the cards securely the same way the other GL exclusive series were and my cards are extremely wavy.

and - all my final GL figures are fist figures. No open hands here.
              I ordered later in the game. Perhaps the open hand ones were on the top of the pile and have run out?

Comment

• Daremo
                METALHEAD
                • Mar 24, 2005

So I received my "replacement" Kyle today, and it's a fist hand. No return request, so basically, I received the open hand, I emailed them, and said I wanted the fist version, and they sent me out a new one, free of charge. I'm GREATLY impressed by Mattel for their customer service. I'm not sure they will do this for everyone, but if you're unhappy with the open hand, I would suggest writing them and telling them so.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I haven't received anything since ordering mine 09/15/2011. Matty blows...

Comment

• pmwasson
                    Maker
                    • Sep 12, 2007

Almost gone!
                    MattyCollector.com Online Store - DCU, Green Lantern Figure
                    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• raider5gt
                      Museum Tree Cutter
                      • Nov 25, 2007

My Kyle came Saturday and has the molded fist,i was well happy,i thought it would never come.

MIB41 hope yours comes soon,as i ordered mine a few days after yours,i thought you guys across the pond would get yours before mine.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

Now that he is officially "sold out", it will be interesting to see if Matty will keep the line going. We can keep our fingers crossed.

(although I guess the question could also be... did he really sell out or are they just making room for the Oct product?)
                        Last edited by samurainoir; Oct 9, '11, 2:26 PM.
                        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Audiorij
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Nov 6, 2009

I went by Toys R Us to look for the dracula and mummy and saw they put out more of the Wonderwoman wave. For a long time they only had a couple Flash, but this looked like a couple cases.
                          My wants

Good Traders

Comment

• GoldBlade6
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Dec 30, 2007

Mattel has to know that a retro Robin or Joker would sell better than a Kyle Raynor after a sickening overdose of Green Lantern product that was only made to support a failed movie and its failed toy line. It will be outrageous if we don't get any more retro action.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 22, 2011

It insults my intelligence that they would think any of the 4 Green Lantern exclusives would sell better than a Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, Batgirl, Supergirl, Hawkman, Hawkgirl or Spectre. As much as I love the Retro Action line we got too many lame characters too early when we should have gotten those I just mentioned instead. Now as for Robin, I have no idea why such a lame character is the most requested Retro Action figure but I think he would have sold much better than the 4 Green Lanterns.

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

To add final insult to my loyalty to the line. I never got my figure and am on hold right now as Matty processes a refund. The WORST customer service I have ever received. They never called me back when they said they would (which was last week). And never made any effort to contact the shipping vendor to locate the package lost. Plus virtually no one at the company speaks fluid English. So communication was terrible. I think I've made my last transaction with this outfit. I understand mistakes can be made. But when you have to chase after the company to get service, that tells you a lot about what they think of their customers... very little.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎