X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Fun and quality report.

So I got Two Face a long time ago just to have the satisfaction of buying a mego at the store again. and he sat encased in plastic in a display case.

then at christmas my wife got me a sinestro (though i really didn't want to spend more money on toys) and he sat encased in plastic in a display case.

then someone here posted captain cold on sale for $5. and he sat encased in plastic near the display case.

After watching Batman and Robin AGAIN Eleanor came downstairs with captain cold and asked why we don't open him. she said - aren't you supposed to play with them?

well - how can i argue with that. but i did. i said i like him in the package. Lily joined in and again asked why we can't open it. and she added "Eleanor that isn't Mr. Freeze, it's Captain Cold."

so I took captain cold upstairs, unlocked the display cabinet. pulled out sinestro and two face. went down with all three and said we will open them together.

we were all very happy opening them - it definitely added value to them (for me)

I still was hesitant to leave them out as play things so after a minute of trying them out i put them on the mantle. 10 minutes later E standing on tip toes reaching as high as she could was able to get the boot of one. i let her take them all down.

I am glad she played with them. that is how they will stay. i did ask them not to undress them (i hate lost pieces parts)

now - on to quality. Doc - did you even bother to see it they smelled good / felt good to dogs? Did you see if they could withstand a dog using it like a chew toy all night? no. really? -or is the dog my responsibility?

anyway - he took two face off the coffee table and chewed off his hands and one foot. with some hot glue repair he looks fine (albeit a little stiff)
    Last edited by Brue; Jul 30, '11, 6:00 PM.
  • wayne foundation 07
    Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

The new Mego, good for both kids and dogs , what a great story!

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

yeah.... playtime with the megos, kids, and pets
      full time awesomeness

I gotta admit I really like the opening time with new RAs and eMCes. About 20 minutes after any new character is introduced, we usually get to boot and clothes swap time. We've had more green lanterns than the DC universe has ever SEEN. Seriously - when was the last time you saw BatSinestro vs. the yellow and green lantern weilding TwoFaceLantern. pure awesomeness. I wish I could bottle it.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎