X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Superman estate license

Has anyone thought of getting the new Superman license pending based on the lawsuit DC lost? What a revenge that would be!
  • MEGO_SUPERMAN
    Say No To Kryptonite!
    • May 9, 2011

My understanding was they did not LOSE it. Rather they Co-Have it with the Warner Bros and the Estates dividing it. I think it still may be under negotiation. I don't know that DC would ever lose input into the license.....rather I am thinking it will be a case where WB either agrees to pay the Estate one large lump sum....or that they get a piece of every Superman item going foward....I don't think you will see a case of the Estates of the 2 families wielding the license around alone with no involvement of WB in the picture.
    Truth, Justice and Megos THAT is the American Way!

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan! - Ron Burgundy KVWN Channel 4 News Team

A picture is worth a thousand words. A Chuck Norris is worth 1 billion words. - Chuck Norris

You know what? I can already tell that I don't like you. And I'm probably not gonna like you no matter how many pull-ups or push-ups you do. All right, anybody who wants to pick on anybody in class, aim for him, 'cause I'm not watchin'. -Kenny Powers

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

The way understand it, and somebody please correct if my info is out of date, is beginning in 2013 the Siegel and Shuster heirs will gain control of the 1938 Action Comics number 1 version of Superman. Only the costume and abilities as depicted in that issue. DC does not lose control of anything Superman related past that. So the estates could make a Superman comic or movie based on the 1938 Superman but he would not have his modern powers like flying and the estates also do not have access to Superman's iconic villians like Lex Luthor.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 25, '11, 4:00 PM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MicromanZone
        Banned
        • Apr 26, 2011

So with that in mind, I say jokingly—and seriously as well—that Wes Anderson could probably work magic with the limited threads of the Superman universe based on the “Action Comics #1” incarnation.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

In my opinion, the heirs really don't end up with much other than the merchandisable image of Superman in his Action Comics #1 suit. The Superman story was one of several stories in AC 1 and was only about a dozen pages. The was no Krypton, no Daily Planet, no Lex Luthor, no ma and pa Kent, etc. Nothing really anyone would recognize as the iconic Superman everyone knows and loves. That all came later.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MEGO_SUPERMAN
            Say No To Kryptonite!
            • May 9, 2011

Hmmm I did not think it was that limited......

A picture is worth a thousand words. A Chuck Norris is worth 1 billion words. - Chuck Norris

You know what? I can already tell that I don't like you. And I'm probably not gonna like you no matter how many pull-ups or push-ups you do. All right, anybody who wants to pick on anybody in class, aim for him, 'cause I'm not watchin'. -Kenny Powers

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

doesn't it include everything Siegel and Shuster did for DC?
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MEGO_SUPERMAN
                  Say No To Kryptonite!
                  • May 9, 2011

OK.....maybe I am not getting this....but if everything came from his origins...and they have the costume etc....and the parents....then dont they have the majority? I mean technically they OWN the "S" in whatever form it takes...at least I would think so.

So hypothetically EMCE could make a Superman in the original costume and call him Superman...and put pictures of his origin and such on there with no issue or input from DC....BUT they are not entitled to any money going foward of that.

Next thing you are going to tell me is that some Mother will not report her dead child missing for 31 days and then get "Not Guilty".....

This is Madness.......

Comment

• megocrazy
                    Museum Trouble Maker
                    • Feb 18, 2007

If the article is correct we could get a Superman in a new/old uniform. That would be cool. A Clark Kent figure in a nice 1930's suit. Also cool. A Lois Lane figure in 1930's attire. Ditto. Infant Kal El with rocket ship. A Jor-El and Lora 2 pack in their cool space suits. I would make an infant Kal El with a crashed/wrecked ship and a Clark with an exposed Superman suit rather than just the dress shirt as chase pieces. I believe that Superman alone could be a money maker.
                    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• VintageMike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 16, 2004

On the top of the article is says "update" and that this is still ongoing that way I'm reading it.

Comment

• zeedox
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 10, 2007

Custom non DC Superman

Anyone ever make a Superman from the original as a custom mego? How about the museum folks get together and approach the siegal shuster estate and split the license cost between us all? :-)

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎