X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

Thank you, Mattel, EMCE toys et al.

This is not a sarcastic thread or an attack. Leave negativity at the door.

I want to thank Mattel, EMCE Toys and the prototype crew for creating the Wonder Woman Retro 8" doll and huge THANK YOU to Delorean aka LivnXXXL for supplying said doll to me for my youngest daughter's birthday this past Tuesday.

We turned our daughter on to Wonder Woman in order to show that grrls can be superheroes too. We have been watching the Lynda Carter series and she LOVES it. Our little grrl even puts on a makeshift costume from clothes in her closet and runs around posing with arms crossed blocking bullets.

It was a beautiful site to witness her unwrap the present and find a Wonder Woman doll. Her eyes lit up and a huge smile overcame her. With much anticipation she tried ripping open the package but with help from dad, she prevailed and was in heaven. She did not let that doll go for the rest the day. She will take it to "Show and Tell" to her daycare tomorrow and just wants to take her every where. Talk about the true spirit of toys and reliving the Mego experience through the next generation.
    Again, Thank you for that special moment and feeling you brought to my daughter.
    Last edited by SeattleEd; Jul 13, '11, 12:52 PM.
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

that's good stuff

we are fortunate around here to have had a few of those special mego moments. My son is rarely without one of his 'guys' nearby, and we have had so much playtime and costume changes to necessitate a couple of body and suit repairs. Bats and GLs emblems are gone and Supes is not far behind them. We have a stash of the line tucked away which will hopefully provide more fun for the next year or so of birthday and holiday celebrations. Good times.
    Last edited by rche; Jul 13, '11, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

That's what it's all about. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

That was awesome! A perfect example that girls need super heroes too.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

That's a nice story...thanks for sharing.
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks so much, that made my day--esp. when you noted her reaction.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drmego
              EMCE Toys
              • Jun 15, 2001

HOME RUN!!!!!!

As you may know - I have an 8 year old daughter - so Wonder Woman was
              very important to me. She couldn't care less about megos, but one of her
              friends was over for a playdate and she completely loved them, so I sent
              her home with WW and Cheetah.
              www.drmego.com
              www.megoman.com
              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

I really love stories like that. When all is said and done, these are TOYS meant for kids to cherish and enjoy. And if your daughter wants bullet proof wrist shields, use some paper cups (w/ the bottoms cut out) and some aluminum foil.
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                  To Fear is Not Logical...
                  • Feb 17, 2008

Great story. WW is a great figure. A real highlight of the RA run.
                  It's all good!

Comment

• mightyquinn
                    Proud to be a Nerd
                    • Aug 4, 2009

Yes! Passing the torch!
                    Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

• trekman101
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2009

I can't tell you......how many kids love these figures...Mattel was to short sighted
                      "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎