X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

Just a thought

I hope Mattel's retro DC line remains on the shelves at Toys R Us and even expands to other stores, but if it doesn't and the line goes to a matty collector line exclusively, I would favor having 1 figure go on sale each month like the Green Lantern exclusives rather than having 3 waves of 4 figures come out like last year.

Waves make perfect sense for a retailer line, but if it goes to being totally a collector's line like Masters of the Universe, it's fun for me to have a new figure to look forward to each month.

There may be many reasons why such a format wouldn't work, but as a collectors, getting them one at a time has made me appreciate each figure in a way I might not if I had gotten 4 at the same time.

Just a thought.
  • MEGOMAN
    Defender of the Megoverse
    • Dec 30, 2008

Yah I agree with you. I'd hate for the line to go away completely. I'm sure it would do well as a Matty exclusive.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I think the bulk of Retro's success has come from online sells. TRU does not appear to have contributed much to it's longevity to date. If I had to depend on their pegs to pick up these figures, I never would have gotten much of anything after wave one. I think we have to thank the online outlets for keeping the virtual shelves stocked. TRU has not been a reliable partner in this venture. If they quit carrying the line, I don't think anyone would notice and the waves would continue.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by madmarva
        I would favor having 1 figure go on sale each month like the Green Lantern exclusives rather than having 3 waves of 4 figures come out like last year. it's fun for me to have a new figure to look forward to each month..
        Me personally...I rather that, if they become Matty exclusives...that they double up, like two packs or something. Paying $7.00 shipping once a month sucks. But $7.00 for a two Pack hurts a little less ya know. Just an idea.
        sigpic

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
          House of a thousand Megos
          • Aug 10, 2009

The matty Sinestro and Guy do have a little bit different feel to them than the other mattel figures but if the others weren't being sold at local stores and were website only then they would all seem the same. So I think its cool to have them sold both ways, its very cool to go to Marshals and find a Black Manta or go to TRU and get an Aquaman just like the old days when I was 6 or 7. I think the feeling of the matty figures are that on the 15th you get on the site and battle the internet to get one of these jewels, cause they are sold out very fast, but you got one thats cool.
          Last edited by Trappy Trek Freak; May 25, '11, 8:44 AM.
          Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• boynightwing
            That Carl Guy
            • Apr 24, 2002

Most the time, getting them from Matty Collector is easier. It costs me about $28 a figure including the shipping but they're about $22 at Toys R Us. That price goes up if one includes gas money to drive to Hamilton. So it's not that bad of a difference I guess.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
              WANTED for card bending
              • Apr 26, 2008

If they did do one a month rthey would have a "Justice League" club membership I'm sure. The Ghostbuster fans got club Ecto 1, and the He-Man folks got their club Eternia. you would sign up (for a modest fee) and they would give you a subscription to each fig, and a few variants for the year.

Comment

• trekman101
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 6, 2009

I don't like buying these figures online for the reason I want to pick the best condition figure I can....so when I order from Matty I have to get multiples so I can chose the best ones for me and my son....so far Matty has sent me very good quality figures so it's been easy to get a good one but I wouldn't trust ordering two and having them being "best condition"
                "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
                  Me personally...I rather that, if they become Matty exclusives...that they double up, like two packs or something. Paying $7.00 shipping once a month sucks. But $7.00 for a two Pack hurts a little less ya know. Just an idea.
                  Where is it 7 bucks? When I was doing check out it was 8.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• THE FALCON
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 2, 2011

I'm not to crazy about paying for shipping plus tax when ordering online. That's $31.07 for me. I'd rather buy them off the pegs. Though it would be nice if Toys R Us actually had them on the pegs.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      Where is it 7 bucks? When I was doing check out it was 8.
                      Hey, I was close. Maybe I was thinking of Doc...his standard is $7.00
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎