X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boynightwing
    That Carl Guy
    • Apr 24, 2002

Flash is now in my collection!

I went to Big B Comics in Hamilton. They had stuff from all the waves thus far! It looked pretty cool seeing them all together like that. I could only afford one and it became a hard choice for me. The two that stuck out most were Flash and Martian Manhunter. I went with Flash because I've wanted him in Mego form much longer...and also I needed to break up all the green in my collection! (Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Aquaman)

Anyway, I couldn't be happier. He's very dynamic! I love the boots and the lightning around his arms looks great.

My Mego/Retro JLA is really coming along.

Thanks guys!
  • GaryPlaysWithDolls
    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
    • Aug 14, 2007

congratulations! The Flash rocks!

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

good choice,that would have been mine.

Comment

• Cosmicman
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 12, 2005

I was reluctant to get him because of the goofy look on his face. I have a really nice custom Flash with a Charlie Flatt head but since you think the Mattel figure looks dynamic I will pick up a couple off Ebay in next month. Might as well do a Professor Zoom while I am at it (Because you know DC won't never make one of him.)
        Always nice to get opinions from respectful people.
        Last edited by Cosmicman; Mar 27, '11, 12:48 PM.
        More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

If you can ever afford to get more go back for the Martian Manhunter and Captain Marvel. Those two are the best done so far in my opinion.

I like the sculpt on the Flash's face. If you stare at it for too long, it can look a bit goofy, but I like the fact that his whole head/facial features look like someone different behind the mask rather than being similar to Bruce Wayne's or Clark Kent's jaw line.
          It's all good!

Comment

• LOU
            Museum FIN-atic
            • Nov 20, 2003

The Flash is an awesome figure! The tread in his boots=perfection! He's a sharp looking figure for sure!

Comment

• boynightwing
              That Carl Guy
              • Apr 24, 2002

I like Flash's face. That goofy look makes me think of the guy who played him on the TV show. :D

Shazam was the other other figure I was looking at in the store. He looked pretty awesome up close. Martian Manhunter will be my next purchase for sure. Then Shazam after that. I should probably get Darkseid too but I'm focusing mostly on heroes.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by boynightwing
                I like Flash's face. That goofy look makes me think of the guy who played him on the TV show. :D.
                Ha Ha John Wesley Schipp. He was quite a turd! He never did much after the Flash show but you have to admit for not having anything "super hero" on TV back then that was the bomb.
                (and here I am probably the only guy on this board with the full episodes on DVD).
                More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Jason73
                  Correctamundo!
                  • Jan 11, 2009

Makes me want to go out and find wave three.
                  Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎