X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

First pics of Wave 4 in package now on Ebay

Check it out... More than one listing too. Here is Martian Manhunter.

DC UNIVERSE RETRO SUPER HEROES WAVE 4 MARTIAN MANHUNTER - eBay (item 190495712090 end time Jan-28-11 12:22:39 PST)
    Last edited by MIB41; Jan 27, '11, 6:43 PM.
  • LOU
    Museum FIN-atic
    • Nov 20, 2003

Wow! That's awesome Tom!!!! So much for my guess of the next card color being green...light blue looks just fine!!!!! Most awesome! Does this mean they could be showing up at TRU?

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Yeah, I like the powder blue as well. I think each card is color coded based on the lead hero's original box color in the 70's. Superman (yellow), Batman (pink), etc. Now the last one was different since the lead hero was the Flash and Mego had never made him. Interesting that Shazam is on the Wave 3 card and not Cheetah.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 9, 2008

Saw that in the other thread. The card color is stunning. Can't wait for these.
        In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• LOU
          Museum FIN-atic
          • Nov 20, 2003

True Tom. Wonder Woman (Aussie) came on a blue card though! That's probably what they based Wave 3 on using your rationale since she is one of DC's "Big Three." I was hoping for green as the next color but I guess they logically decided to use green for the Green Lantern exclusives. I hope a future wave comes on green because I'm not buying the 4-piece GL set and would hate to not have green cards. The powder blue looks just as sharp though and will look superb mixed with the other carded Retros!

Comment

• drogge
            Career Member
            • Jul 24, 2009

Gonna buy?

Originally posted by MIB41
            Are you going to buy this figure? I am still confused why this source recieved a case on Martian Manhunters minus the other three? I would rather buy all four at once but if it is going to be sometime before all of Wave 4 is available I might go ahead and bid. Is this source reliable?

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Nope. I'm actually waiting to see if they switched out the original prototype Shazam head in favor of an improved sculpt. My fingers are crossed.

Comment

• LOU
                Museum FIN-atic
                • Nov 20, 2003

Me too Tom! I hope they changed Shazam's head a little. So far though the real figures look far better than the prototypes! I was especially pleased with Wonder Woman's head on the final product.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎