Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Audiorij
    Museum Super Collector
    • Nov 6, 2009

We had the Gi Joe aircraft carrier fro the 80s, or my younger brother did. That thing was so big we set it up down stairs and hardly ever played with it because it was cold down there.
    My wants

Good Traders

Comment

• TrueDave
      Toy Maker
      • Jan 12, 2008

The Death Star was my super Awesome playset as a kid. I also had a lot of the Hoth playsets from Empire.
      I used my Fisher Price Seasame Street , and Mego Exploding Batman bridge with my Green Army Men.

I think I took both the Trash compactor and the entire wood/plastic Seasame Street into the tub with me often. Submarines? I dunno.

I had teh first GI Joe head quarters but only liked the middle section.

Bought up some Hall of Justice SuperPowers on clearance but by that time I was a collector. ( Which meant I kept the 'Hall Mint in Package when I took it into the bathtub. )

Comment

• Richard J. Fowlks
        repeat offender
        • Feb 10, 2010

Yeah, playsets are a fond memory, for sure. I had the Death Star, the GI Joe HQ and a stripped-down 12" scale GI Joe control tower for my Star Wars 12" figures to play in (Later 12" Indiana Jones and his "nemesis", a James Bond figure my aunt found at a garage sale). For me, they were never license-exclusive. It was just as cool to lock up Secret Wars Dr. Doom in the GI Joe jail or have Cobra Commander trap Snake Eyes in the trash compactor. Most often the Joes and superheroes would team up via a mason jar on a kleenex box that could "warp dimensions" to unite my different toy licenses.

Always wanted the Tower of Doom and the Terrordrome. Maybe someday I can find a played-with condition of some playsets for my boys. They're certainly the age I was when I had my best "escapades".

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎