Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A big thanks to Emce (Heart-Warming Story Alert)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarkStalcup
    Chases Ambulances,Customs
    • Feb 6, 2008

A big thanks to Emce (Heart-Warming Story Alert)

I know of at least one little boy who will be very happy because of ReMegos.

I've been friends with Shannon since college. She's a great lady, and had a rough year, carrying her second child to term last April. She was induced April 1, and I joked with her before she entered the hospital that it'd be a terrible April Fool's prank to tell a pregnant lady she was being induced only to say "Nah, just kidding."

Long, sad story short: the baby delivered stillborn. It was horrible, and Shannon and her husband were heartbroken, as was their son. In the aftermath of the loss, Shannon became Supermom to her remaining son, Derek, who's only six and a major Batman fan. She dressed up as Batgirl for Halloween, and has been an awesome Ma to her boy.

Anyway...when Wave 2 came out, I promised her I would hunt up Batman. Given the difficulty finding the Wave at Toys R Us, I was getting ready to order one when I found Batman at TJ Maxx. And now he is en route to Derek as a late Christmas present from Santa. I'm told he's eagerly anticipating the latest addition to his Batman toy collection, and this makes me very happy. I will update once he gets Batman and starts playing with him.

So Doc, Emce, Mattel, Marty and anybody else who had a hand in the new Remegos...thank you. You made a little boy's late Christmas present very special, and made me and several other adults smile in what was, for friends of mine, a very rough year. Bless you for that.
    “As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery… we have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace. The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger, attachment, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion and a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness.” - The Dalai Lama
  • TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

Good job .
    So sorry about the familys loss.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

That's such a bittersweet story. I'm sorry the family lost their little one, but I'm glad Derek is getting his Batman.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
        MeGoing
        • May 14, 2003

I hope he loves it.

Comment

• artskull
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 14, 2010

It's the little things we all do in life that mean a lot… I'm sure that Batman will mean a lot to Derek and his Mom, too.
          --
          ArtSkull: Graphic Design & Illustration

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎