X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeoz
    Mego Maker
    • Mar 9, 2007

New figures a big hit in my house

My boys love the WGSH Megos that I’ve been giving them over the last couple of years. They also had a retro-action Superman that they played with just like the other Megos. This year for Christmas, they got most of the rest of wave 1 and wave 2 of the retro figures between the two of them. After several days of watching them playing, I can tell the retro figures are a hit! The new and the original figures get played with together, but the new are definitely favorites. At least with my kids, the new mattel heroes are perfect. What’s funny is that when the new figures first came out, I wasn’t sure about the thick boots. But, as I see them opened out of their packages and being played with together with the original Megos, the boots are growing on me. It seems that I’m accepting, and even liking, the little quirks of the new figures just like those of the originals.
    Looking for:
    Lincoln Phantom of the Opera
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Would love to see some pics of that!
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Just WAIT until they get their hands on Wave 3... Ooooh baby.

Comment

• megomania
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 2, 2010

What a cool story! My wife is 5-months pregnant with our first child (found out we are having a boy ) and I have been buying one set of each wave to remove from packaging for display with Mego's and a second set for the boy to have sealed. Can't wait until I can have a story to share like yours!

-Chris

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by megomania
          What a cool story! My wife is 5-months pregnant with our first child (found out we are having a boy ) and I have been buying one set of each wave to remove from packaging for display with Mego's and a second set for the boy to have sealed. Can't wait until I can have a story to share like yours!

-Chris
          Congrats Chris! Another generation of Mego fans is coming. The legacy continues.

Comment

• Richard J. Fowlks
            repeat offender
            • Feb 10, 2010

Priceless; congrats on passing the love to the next generation!

For Christmas my three-year-old sidekick got his first Batman (the new WGSH) and a Superman shirt. He won't part with either of them. And his new favorite video before bedtime is the 70s-80s Toy Commercials DVD I got from PlaidStallions. Between that and his favorite song being Queen's "We Will Rock You", I gotta feel like I'm doing a pretty good job with him.

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by mikeoz
              My boys love the WGSH Megos that I’ve been giving them over the last couple of years. They also had a retro-action Superman that they played with just like the other Megos. This year for Christmas, they got most of the rest of wave 1 and wave 2 of the retro figures between the two of them. After several days of watching them playing, I can tell the retro figures are a hit! The new and the original figures get played with together, but the new are definitely favorites. At least with my kids, the new mattel heroes are perfect. What’s funny is that when the new figures first came out, I wasn’t sure about the thick boots. But, as I see them opened out of their packages and being played with together with the original Megos, the boots are growing on me. It seems that I’m accepting, and even liking, the little quirks of the new figures just like those of the originals.
              awww! that's so great.

Originally posted by Richard J. Fowlks
              Priceless; congrats on passing the love to the next generation!

For Christmas my three-year-old sidekick got his first Batman (the new WGSH) and a Superman shirt. He won't part with either of them. And his new favorite video before bedtime is the 70s-80s Toy Commercials DVD I got from PlaidStallions. Between that and his favorite song being Queen's "We Will Rock You", I gotta feel like I'm doing a pretty good job with him.
              Good job!!
              Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
              Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
              1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
              1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• artskull
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 14, 2010

I can't begin to say how great it is to hear stories like this… As a new father, it's been great to bust out my old Megos and "play" with my 19 month old son. My Mego Mad Monsters stood by Bandai Toho monsters collecting dust in a cabinet until he came along. All these "collectibles" are now "toys" again! Stories like Mike's just go to show how great a toy a Mego (or similar) is to stir the imagination of a child. Cheers to the next generation of Mego fans!
                --
                ArtSkull: Graphic Design & Illustration

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                  To Fear is Not Logical...
                  • Feb 17, 2008

Great stories from all!
                  It's all good!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰