The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Retro Boys! Just a pic of my Retro Heroes!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LOU
    Museum FIN-atic
    • Nov 20, 2003

My Retro Boys! Just a pic of my Retro Heroes!

Thought you guys would like to see this! I took it for Facebook and thought I'd post it here too! Awesome!
  • Afaninfull
    Museum Super Collector
    • Nov 23, 2010

Great picture!
    I have so many memories of seeing the real things carded in the early to mid 70's. It is a real thrill to see them hanging together.
    Thanks for posting!

Comment

• LOU
      Museum FIN-atic
      • Nov 20, 2003

Hi Afaninfull!
      Yeah me too. All of my life, to this day, I have frequently reflected on those days...my memories of retail Mego are so vivid, the entire Child World aisle is still memorized in fact. I remember everything in that aisle EXACTLY! I can almost smell the plastic! LOL, I even have dreams about it from time to time! LOL! I suspect it's because Megos are clearly my strongest link to my childhood the older I get. That partnered with the fact I'd LOVE to go back to that aisle for just 5 minutes! These Retros are the best thing/toy line to come out for a Mego fan since Mego itself! They make collecting fun again by rekindling the feeling of seeing a figure you don't have hanging on the peg! I should mention that the Bronze Age-heavy costumes and likenesses are also brilliant. I'm loving them and I hope the overall theme of the line stays consistent (ie: no Superman Blue-esque characters) because so far they're just awesome!

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Great shot! Yep. We're living the dream in 2010 and beyond! WAIT until you get Flash and Capt Cold in your hands.... Oh BABY!!!

Comment

• Afaninfull
          Museum Super Collector
          • Nov 23, 2010

Lou, I can totally relate as I have vivid memories of Kmart and seeing all those Kresges hanging. I can still remember getting Spiderman as a reward for trying out for Tball and staring at the card for days. I had a few comics but always kept the cards as it was a guide to help me learn to draw the characters. I remember going into a toys r us in '75 and seeing a wall of WHSH. It was one of the coolest memories and I too dream of being able to back just for a little while.
          I was so blessed to grow up in that time and experience not just Mego but Gi Joe, Six Million Dollar Man and Star Wars. Nice to come here and talk with other fortunate souls!

Comment

• LOU
            Museum FIN-atic
            • Nov 20, 2003

Originally posted by MIB41
            Great shot! Yep. We're living the dream in 2010 and beyond! WAIT until you get Flash and Capt Cold in your hands.... Oh BABY!!!
            Oh BELIEVE ME Tom! I cannot WAIT for Wave 3! Those blue cards! Great character selection and outfits. I can't WAIT to add them to the others!

Originally posted by Afaninfull
            Lou, I can totally relate as I have vivid memories of Kmart and seeing all those Kresges hanging. I can still remember getting Spiderman as a reward for trying out for Tball and staring at the card for days. I had a few comics but always kept the cards as it was a guide to help me learn to draw the characters. I remember going into a toys r us in '75 and seeing a wall of WHSH. It was one of the coolest memories and I too dream of being able to back just for a little while.
            I was so blessed to grow up in that time and experience not just Mego but Gi Joe, Six Million Dollar Man and Star Wars. Nice to come here and talk with other fortunate souls!
            Oh yes, my sentiments exactly! The carded Star Wars figures and accessories were directly across from Mego in that aisle, they were the first things in the aisle...Megos on the left, Star Wars on the right. Six Million Dollar Man stuff was down the aisle a bit on the right. Across from Bionic stuff (back on the Mego side) was Stretch Armstrong, Godzilla, and Pulsar. Next to them were the 12 inch Megos. Then back to the front of the aisle with the carded and boxed Megos! One day I would love to get a pic of that aisle. I never saw Kresge's in the stores though. Of course I only remember hitting K-Mart a handful of times as a kid. Mostly I got my Megos at Child World and a department store called Bradlee's (which, ironically, is now a T.J. Maxx where I bought some Retro Heroes last week as a case was being opened! Batman and Two-Face above were bought on the ground where I bought chilhood Megos!)
            Last edited by LOU; Dec 21, '10, 9:23 PM.

Comment

• MeerkatMego
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 7, 2007

Great picture. I love going into TRU and seeing the retros on the shelf. Last week they had WGSH, Universal Monsters, Twilight Zone and Venture Bros. I felt like I was ten again.
              Meerkat Mego

Comment

• kennermike
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 4, 2007

Damn Lou you bought them all! wave 3 is next no doubt !

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

Awesomeness for sure.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

Looks great, but you need to open those babies up and play with them.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• drmego
                      EMCE Toys
                      • Jun 15, 2001

Posing next to the wall in the office.

www.drmego.com
                      www.megoman.com
                      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• LOU
                        Museum FIN-atic
                        • Nov 20, 2003

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                        Looks great, but you need to open those babies up and play with them.
                        NEVER! Shame on you! I've learned my lesson from ripping open all my Megos as a kid. These will never be opened and I suspect a few years down the road I will be happy they weren't. No, those babies are staying factory sealed!

Originally posted by drmego
                        Posing next to the wall in the office.

http://www.megoman.com/public/2010_production.jpg

Just AWESOME! LOOOOOOVE that Wave 3! Are those showing up at TRU yet?

Comment

• trekman101
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2009

Originally posted by LOU
                          Thought you guys would like to see this! I took it for Facebook and thought I'd post it here too! Awesome!
                          http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...u/P1010006.jpg
                          Any kid in a toy store that could just see this assortment on pegs ......I don't care if all they like is video games...they would be drawn to it....these figs are more special than the ordinary carded action figure
                          "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• Type3Toys
                            Home Of The Type3 Body
                            • Jan 18, 2005

Great pics Lou and Paul. It certainly is a wonderful time to be a collector!
                            LOOK
                            Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                            For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                            To Contact: [email protected]

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

Great pic Paul.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎