X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

Best Body for a Swap?

Which body (Castaway, CTVT, Doc) should I get to swap out the Mattel body on the Aquaman I just got? Honestly I'm surprised I'm even doing this, because I thought all the complaining about the wobbles was a bit much. But it is kinda weird that he has to either be hunched over, or leaning back, and it's pretty obvious a piece is missing in the torso that seems to be corrected now with Wave 3. Plus he's loose as heck, and I have no interest in trying to restring him. Since he was $10 at TJM, I figure I can fork out at least that much for a new body and be happy.
    Anyway, I'm new to swapping/customizing, and am not sure which body works best with the Mattel head and hands. Would prefer the color to match as close as possible, but it's no big deal if the best body doesn't offer that. Also, do I need to get new green hands, or will the Mattel hands work on any of the other bodies?
    I think I'm pretty much going to destroy the Mattel body to get the head off, and not risk the boil and pop method which would most likely result in me tearing the damn thing.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

For super articulation...Cast-A-Way all the way!!
    sigpic

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

And the Mattel parts fit well on 'em?
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• saildog
        Permanent Member
        • Apr 9, 2006

I swapped my Aquaman out on a Cast-A-Way body I had in the parts box and I am completely satisfied with the results. Everything fit together perfectly.

I did a boil and pop on the hands and a "torso crush" on the Mattel body to remove the head.

Comment

• Iron Mego
          Wake Up Heavy
          • Jan 31, 2010

Cool. Sounds like exactly what I'll do. Thanks a bunch.
          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎