Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Saw 3 more at a different TJ Maxx(2 Aquamen, one Manta)...at our largest Mall. Still nothing a Toy's R' Us but 3 Lex Luthers.
    sigpic

Comment

• Batman
      "Real" Unlike Others
      • Dec 13, 2010

So what about the people that still need these?

(I should have started a thread last month about this if it was going to be this bad)

Comment

• wilbs518
        Mego Collector
        • Jul 25, 2009

So what about the people that still need these?
        They are on ebay and online retailers. TRU might still get them, too.
        sigpic

Comment

• Batman
          "Real" Unlike Others
          • Dec 13, 2010

Originally posted by wilbs518
          They are on ebay and online retailers. TRU might still get them, too.
          BOTH my TRU's have One Luthor & One Sinestro and both cards were damaged/opened......

ANd as for E-Bay $25 or more for some figures I thought since alot of people could not get them then the one's that found them for $9.99 would help some people out...Guess not....

Comment

• TrueDave
            Toy Maker
            • Jan 12, 2008

Originally posted by Batman
            BOTH my TRU's have One Luthor & One Sinestro and both cards were damaged/opened......

ANd as for E-Bay $25 or more for some figures I thought since alot of people could not get them then the one's that found them for $9.99 would help some people out...Guess not....
            Yeah i called around but i'm not driving around. I don't do "The Chase" anymore. Only way I can budget a Black Manta is at $10.00 . I dont have any retro , Im more of a Sci Fi guy right now, but Manta looks neato.

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

Dude, do you really think people here are not willing to help you? Do you think we found them and we're hoarding them from you?

Most of us have travelled all over to find these and have found squat. I have found a total of 4 (at more than a dozen stores) and sold one to my buddy to give to his kid for Christmas.

Chances are if people aren't responding to your requests/demands it means that they are not able to help. Not that they do not want to help.

You really need to choose your words more carefully. You're coming off as very insulting. Especially for a new guy.
              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Batman
                "Real" Unlike Others
                • Dec 13, 2010

Sorry but even though I am a "new guy" i'm not new to the collector world...I know that some people couldn't help but I saw alot of posts where they found some many of a figure and bought more than one and even though in this same thread they saw posts of people asking if anyone found them and the one's that did never responded back...Listen all I'm saying that if someone starts a thread of finding a SUPER deal of something and posts on how much is out their and they are going back multiple times what does that look like to the people that can't find anything...It looks like they ignore because they don't care...My opinion but I try to help when I can...

Originally posted by megowgsh
                Dude, do you really think people here are not willing to help you? Do you think we found them and we're hoarding them from you?

Most of us have travelled all over to find these and have found squat. I have found a total of 4 (at more than a dozen stores) and sold one to my buddy to give to his kid for Christmas.

Chances are if people aren't responding to your requests/demands it means that they are not able to help. Not that they do not want to help.

You really need to choose your words more carefully. You're coming off as very insulting. Especially for a new guy.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by megowgsh

You know I thought the same thing as I read his posts. I offered to go out and look to see If I could help him but have had zero luck, then I keep reading his posts and I have zero desire to assist him now or in the future. Ive got two teenagers and that dont pout like that.

I agree, we are not hoarding figures. Dude we barely know you but you want us to go out of our way to do you a favor, ythen you want to complain to us about the amount of help you are getting. I just think their is a better way of asking for help with your collecting then throwing the entire community under the bus. Just my opinion, but I like to think I would have gone about it differently.

Comment

• Batman
                    "Real" Unlike Others
                    • Dec 13, 2010

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                    You know I thought the same thing as I read his posts. I offered to go out and look to see If I could help him but have had zero luck, then I keep reading his posts and I have zero desire to assist him now or in the future. Ive got two teenagers and that dont pout like that.

I agree, we are not hoarding figures. Dude we barely know you but you want us to go out of our way to do you a favor, ythen you want to complain to us about the amount of help you are getting. I just think their is a better way of asking for help with your collecting then throwing the entire community under the bus. Just my opinion, but I like to think I would have gone about it differently.
                    I could say things but if I do I will get in trouble you are missing the point why is it that people can't see the truth? I mention that other people where finding them and I get implied that I called them "hoarders". And sorry what do I have to do?? know you for 20 years before you do anything to help?? Sorry I don't roll that way I try and help when I can but it seems like others do not do the same...And why do I have to PROVE anything? Actions speak louder than words and it seems like only certain people are helping each other out and if I don't know you I am not helping you...Funny thing is how do you get to now someone unless you ALLOW them to be part of this "Community" and when someone wants to play the game with no resources like people that have been collecting all of their lives and have stuff to barter with etc. that makes "newbies" outsted...I actually appreciated you helping and the funny thing is when did I ever say anything bad about you or the one's that did try to help??? I didn't Sorry but I guess I have to send a "resume" of my trading habits,contacts,first born to get a $10 action figure because all of my stores in OH didn't have them and it was stated by other people in Ohio that it was true.All I asked if it could be possible to HELP but that part never got answered and I do appreciate the help but the only thing I had a problem with is that more than I posted in this thread about this but people kept saying "I found 8 Superman I'm going back and getting them after work" even though that person had posted they already have that figure now with people not having them and posting that they are looking for that in the same thread seeing this would kinda **** them off because instead of doing it on the down low they are kinda flaunting it...After all it's only a toy...

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 18, 2007

I think 20 years on the board is a little excesive. But you are walking up to a stranger on a corner and saying...I see you purchased two Batmen.....why cant I have one? Why do you have to have two and I cant have one of them?
                      And thats fine, but people aren't going to respond well to that. Thats what I'm trying to say.

I would suggest contacting some of the people that you feel have the greatest success locating these figures and introducing yourself and ask them for help....on a pm, or on the board....but if you throw your request to the wind asking for anyones help, my experience is that everyone will look around for someone else....if they pay attention at all.
                      This is human nature....so is ignoring people who complain, and whine about anothers success.
                      Again just my opinion. I'm not here to criticize you, just to give a bit of useless advice.

Comment

• Batman
                        "Real" Unlike Others
                        • Dec 13, 2010

OK point taken but what's the worse thing that could happen?? That person would not want it or would not pay for it then you could sell it someone else..No harm no foul I have been stuck with figures I bought for others that backed out but guess what..I sold them and no big deal and the one's I didn't know I got to know and they were grateful I did help I guess I look at the positive side instead of the negative like a lot of people do..After all it's a TOY we are talking about after all.....

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                        I think 20 years on the board is a little excesive. But you are walking up to a stranger on a corner and saying...I see you purchased two Batmen.....why cant I have one? Why do you have to have two and I cant have one of them?
                        And thats fine, but people aren't going to respond well to that. Thats what I'm trying to say.

I would suggest contacting some of the people that you feel have the greatest success locating these figures and introducing yourself and ask them for help....on a pm, or on the board....but if you throw your request to the wind asking for anyones help, my experience is that everyone will look around for someone else....if they pay attention at all.
                        This is human nature....so is ignoring people who complain, and whine about anothers success.
                        Again just my opinion. I'm not here to criticize you, just to give a bit of useless advice.

Comment

• pmwasson
                          Maker
                          • Sep 12, 2007

Did you check the marketplace on this forum?

EMCE Retro Action 2nd Series + Superman MOC $85 shipped - Mego Talk
                          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Batman
                            "Real" Unlike Others
                            • Dec 13, 2010

Originally posted by pmwasson
                            Did you check the marketplace on this forum?

EMCE Retro Action 2nd Series + Superman MOC $85 shipped - Mego Talk
                            Thanks pmwasson the holiday's left me short of the cash I wanted to get the price that they were going for at TJ Maxx but that isn't going to happen...Oh well..

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Sorry but even though I am a "new guy" i'm not new to the collector world...I know that some people couldn't help but I saw alot of posts where they found some many of a figure and bought more than one and even though in this same thread they saw posts of people asking if anyone found them and the one's that did never responded back...Listen all I'm saying that if someone starts a thread of finding a SUPER deal of something and posts on how much is out their and they are going back multiple times what does that look like to the people that can't find anything...It looks like they ignore because they don't care...My opinion but I try to help when I can...

Some of just don't have Money at the time, to pick up extras(I know I don't). But the way you're going about asking...isn't helping your cause any, it's just insulting.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Batman
                                "Real" Unlike Others
                                • Dec 13, 2010

Water under the bridge let it go...Some people did have...Nuff said

Originally posted by The Bat
                                Some of just don't have Money at the time, to pick up extras(I know I don't). But the way you're going about asking...isn't helping your cause any, it's just insulting.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎