Wave 3 in my hands

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Wayne 27 1967
    • Mar 9, 2010

Received my Wave 3 set today from Amok Time and very happy with the quick delivery. My only concern is that I received a Captain Cold on a Cheetah card and Cheetah on a Wonder Woman card.
    I don't plan on keeping them on their cards, so I guess I should just be very happy that I have them in hand for xmas and the wonderful fast delivery service from Amok Time.
    I shall try and hold off till xmas to open them!

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Bruce Wayne 27 1967
      Received my Wave 3 set today from Amok Time and very happy with the quick delivery. My only concern is that I received a Captain Cold on a Cheetah card and Cheetah on a Wonder Woman card.
      I don't plan on keeping them on their cards, so I guess I should just be very happy that I have them in hand for xmas and the wonderful fast delivery service from Amok Time.
      I shall try and hold off till xmas to open them!
      I got Wonder Woman today, (on the right card), and I'm gonna wrap her, and wait until Christmas morning to open her too!
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• MEGOMAN
        Defender of the Megoverse
        • Dec 30, 2008

Mine arrived today from Amok Time. I love all 4. It's great to have Flash but I think that Captain Cold is my favorite.

Comment

• Astronut
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 21, 2010

I have to agree - Captain Cold is just masterfully executed. Love that smarmy facial expression! Can't wait to get these..........!

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

I hope BBTS gets them in soon.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• jasonmego1277
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
              I hope BBTS gets them in soon.
              Wow even BBTS doesn't have them in yet ? I know Mattel has horrid distribution but why the delay ? What surprises me is that THE GB line is out too , and EE has cases but no sets yet. I do wonder why Mattel is delaying shipments to dealers and retailers. I thought I remember Paul saying something about Amok Time getting screwed with wave 1, could that be the reason they are still receiving theirs weeks ahead of everyone else ?
              In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• boynightwing
                That Carl Guy
                • Apr 24, 2002

I ordered from BBTS as well. It will be a nice Post-Christmas gift for myself.

Comment

• drogge
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 24, 2009

Wave 3

I will have to say the only things I do not like about the females are the hands are way too small, and they don't stand very well. Flash and Captain Cold are spot on, the best two figures in the Re-Mego line so far!

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by drogge
                    I will have to say the only things I do not like about the females are the hands are way too small, and they don't stand very well. Flash and Captain Cold are spot on, the best two figures in the Re-Mego line so far!
                    I don't even have mine yet , and just from the pics it looks like Captain Cold is going to be my favorite of the wave.
                    In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

I opened my wave 3 last night and must've stared at Flash for a good five minutes. He's perfect! I was immediately surprised to see the hunchback problem has been corrected. I looked over all four and couldn't find anything I didn't like. These are works of art. Captain Cold is going to look awesome next to Riddler and Joker. And, with the exception of Zira, these are the very first female mego's I've bought. I was never into buying females (because they're dolls and I collect action figures ) but how can you pass up these gals?
                      The boots on Flash/Cold are awesome and I could go on and on. The retro action line has exceeded my expectations with wave 3 and I hope they continue to knock it out of the park with wave 4 right up to wave 100. Thanks guys.

Comment

• jacoblb
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2009

It's really strange reading all the various wave 3 threads how I've come across so many people writing that the figures aren't on the proper cards. I get that not everyone reads English in China, but how difficult is it to have a quality control remedy like an 8 X 10 name and picture guide posted to personnel responsible for fastening the figures onto the right cards? Heck, I dare say anyone doing the reverse, that is, matching Chinese characters and pictures could put card to figure correctly. I guess that's human error sinking in. Anyway, not to end on a sour note, I intend to purchase some if not all of wave 3 via TRU.com tomorrow.

Comment

• kerowack
                          Career Member
                          • Feb 27, 2008

EASILY the best wave. I promised myself I'd collect these at some point because the calling was there and I have such fond memories of megos (and no actual megos really) and THIS is what I've been waiting for. Wonder Woman looks bad to me in pictures, but in hand? PERFECT.

Love them....if you've ignored the line up until now, NOW is the time to stop ignoring these....

Comment

• LOU
                            Museum FIN-atic
                            • Nov 20, 2003

Yeah, I must say, I'm impressed immensly as well. They are sticking with the proper likenesses of the characters which is really making the line impressive. I surely would have though we'd have seen a Blue or Red Superman or a hook-handed Aquaman perhaps by now. On the contrary the figures are wonderful! Great costumes, great packaging, and great likenesses. It only looks to continue as well. I can just picture Joker, Riddler, Supergirl, and Batgirl and what they may look like!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

Anticipating the characters we've wanted for 25 years is one of the best parts for me. Imagining what Solomon Grundy or Brainiac might look like gets me pumped for future announcements.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                                To Fear is Not Logical...
                                • Feb 17, 2008

Got my order in from BBTS yesterday. The kids were playing with them like they had never seen Megos before Part of that was that my daughter now had some more female characters to play with. With WW we took the hair net off and cut the plastic "thread" holding the velcro so we could take the lasso out. I re-tied it so it was not a continuous loop and my daughter had fun capturing Cheetah. The velcro does hold the lasso if you make sure it is looped back and there is enough cloth touching the tooth part of the velcro patch. Capt. Cold's gun was missing this morning already and I had to look under the couch for that (found it). Flash is awesome in my opinion. love the tread on the boots, too!
                                It's all good!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎