Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megomania
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 2, 2010

I spoke with someone at Amok Time today. They still haven't received, said customs issues are holding up the arrival but hopefully they will see them end of this week first part of next.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 1, 2007

So much for "banking on it".

(Don't hit me, Paul!)

Comment

• geoffdude
        Banned
        • Apr 18, 2009

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
        So much for "banking on it".

(Don't hit me, Paul!)
        "Mattel" and "banking on it" don't belong in the same sentence.

Comment

• Zemo
          Still Smokin'
          • Feb 14, 2006

Originally posted by cdhall
          Found Wave 3 and 4 Pix on Entertainment Earth. Just let me know about the bodies if you can, please.
          So assume that wave 3 and 4 bodies are still the same. Shame really.

Comment

• Flynne
            Permanent Member
            • Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by geoffdude
            "Mattel" and "banking on it" don't belong in the same sentence.
            Actually, they weren't.
            An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• geoffdude
              Banned
              • Apr 18, 2009

Originally posted by Flynne
              Actually, they weren't.
              Didn't say they "were".. just that they "don't".

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by Zemo
                So assume that wave 3 and 4 bodies are still the same. Shame really.
                Guys, let me be clear...I said that several waves are in production at the same time and it may be a few waves before the issues raised in these forums even make it to the factory. So yes, assume that at least waves 3 and 4 have the same bodies and we move on from there.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 1, 2007

And apparently I've been made a liar -- in a good way.

I read on another forum that someone noticed a slight adjustment to the Wave 3 bodies, so I opened my Captain Cold and, sure enough, there's something different about the torso/pelvis connection that prevents the infamous "flopover".

I'm not at a place right now where I can compare it to earlier waves but it seems that our comments are starting to make it into production much faster than I was led to believe, which I can only attribute to a good sense of expectation management on the part of our clients. I, for one, am elated that it's happening already.

Comment

• boynightwing
                    That Carl Guy
                    • Apr 24, 2002

^ That is awesome news!

Comment

• stabilio
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2002

And apparently I've been made a liar -- in a good way.

I read on another forum that someone noticed a slight adjustment to the Wave 3 bodies, so I opened my Captain Cold and, sure enough, there's something different about the torso/pelvis connection that prevents the infamous "flopover".

I'm not at a place right now where I can compare it to earlier waves but it seems that our comments are starting to make it into production much faster than I was led to believe, which I can only attribute to a good sense of expectation management on the part of our clients. I, for one, am elated that it's happening already.
                      Mego Talk - View Single Post - Wave 3 in my hands

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 1, 2007

Thank you...funny how we both picked Captain Cold to open..I just wanted to play with the gun.

That little connector must have been the first thing they could apply...given that we had our meeting with them about only this past October I'm pretty amazed this made it in. A small, new tool to fix the biggest issue for now seems easier than waiting for a re-engineering of the entire body.

Yes, the legs are still slippery, but with a little patience and balance I was able to contort my Captain Cold into a running position where his left foot is flat the the ground, both legs are bent, balancing the right foot on the toe and twisting his body to the left as if he was whirling around to fire at someone chasing him.

If I didn't have to WORK TODAY I'd get right on Flash and do the same with him.

Comment

• boynightwing
                          That Carl Guy
                          • Apr 24, 2002

I ordered Wonder Woman from BBTS just now. The others I will try to find in the wild. I think out of the set of 4, Cheetah is my favorite so if I don't find her the old fashioned way, I'll be ordering her too.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                            Permanent Member
                            • May 15, 2009

Thank you...funny how we both picked Captain Cold to open..I just wanted to play with the gun.

That little connector must have been the first thing they could apply...given that we had our meeting with them about only this past October I'm pretty amazed this made it in. A small, new tool to fix the biggest issue for now seems easier than waiting for a re-engineering of the entire body.

Yes, the legs are still slippery, but with a little patience and balance I was able to contort my Captain Cold into a running position where his left foot is flat the the ground, both legs are bent, balancing the right foot on the toe and twisting his body to the left as if he was whirling around to fire at someone chasing him.

If I didn't have to WORK TODAY I'd get right on Flash and do the same with him.
                            While in a perfect world I'd much rather had the whole thing fixed, I'm glad to hear that this simple temporary fix has been made. For the most part that's the one thing I've been doing to these guys since opening, was putting in a rubber piece to stop that. So it'll be great to see that Mattel has already done that legwork for me.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                              While in a perfect world I'd much rather had the whole thing fixed, I'm glad to hear that this simple temporary fix has been made. For the most part that's the one thing I've been doing to these guys since opening, was putting in a rubber piece to stop that. So it'll be great to see that Mattel has already done that legwork for me.
                              If that was indeed your post here on the board (forgive me, but the sheer amount of data on the topic here is eye-crossing), then thank you. We did single that out as the one simplest change that could have an impact in the quickest time. Clearly, that point was made and taken to heart.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎