Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commander X! You HAVE to get one (or more)!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

Commander X! You HAVE to get one (or more)!

Hey everybody, I've finally gotten a little break from the real world for a minute. Actually I'm just forcing it. But anyway... For those of you who have not gotten one of (or all of) Jay Piscapo's creations you are really missing out. To my left is both the "Man of the Future" and "Western Knight" versions and I can't express how genuinely happy I am to have these as part of my collection now.

After "meeting" the character in the Capt'n Eli books I'm simply giddy over this toy. Doc Mego did a wonderful job in putting these fellow's together and capturing this modern day hero for all ages. I know that most of the talk these days is on the Retro Action and EMCE's new lines with BBP and such but seriously this series of figures is one not to miss. And with the sale that Jay is offering you will kick yourself if you don't add the Commander to your collection.

This may sound like a commercial or whatever have you but I promise you it's not. It's simply one new fanboy's endorsement of something that I really don't want my fellow Mego heads to miss out on because they are so really cool. So get over there and get yours ordered today along with the books that bring this excellent character to life. http://captneli.shipyardshopping.com/index.html

Again thank you Jay for the character and thank you Doc Mego for breathing Mego life into him. You guys ROCK!

Jim
  • SUP-Ronin
    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
    • Oct 8, 2007

I have one of each of the figures released so far. I really like them, and I enjoy the comic as well. They are definately a fun line, and I would have loved these as a kid, too.
    I'm really hoping for a Sea Ghost figure to come out, and perhaps Cap'n Eli as well.
    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• LadyZod
      Superman's Gal Pal
      • Jan 27, 2007

I've picked up a couple, and quite frankly I think they are freakin awesome.

But I can't help but want a Sea Ghost....
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
      Check out my art:
      Art Portfolio@Redbubble
      Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• MEGOMAN
        Defender of the Megoverse
        • Dec 30, 2008

I won the first of 3 Sea Ghost prototypes last year in December. I still cannot believe that I won. I believe that there's only one left. I'm not sure when they are going to decide on the next winner. All you need to do to enter the contest is to buy a Commander X figure from the web page. I have to say that the Sea Ghost is a great addition to the world of MEGO for sure.

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

i saw this thread and said "why not",i bought one figure to see what it was ,if its a doc mego thing ,ill get them all. thanks

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
            • Oct 8, 2007

Edited due to new info, and my own ignorance. I'm not really sure how involved Doc Mego is with this project,, and I don't really know if it has anything to do with EMCE. Jaypiscopo is a member here and that is his user name. He has all the info on the Commander X/ Captain Eli comic, and it is his baby so to speak. I have had nothing but good experiences with that site, and their products, and the same with Doc Mego's site as well.
            Last edited by SUP-Ronin; Oct 30, '10, 9:03 PM.
            "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Astronut
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 21, 2010

Wow that Sea Ghost figure is really, really cool looking! Nice work

Comment

• drmego
                EMCE Toys
                • Jun 15, 2001

How involved am I in the Commander X figures? They are made by me in my home,
                while I watch TV, after the kids are in bed.

Now that I tooled the child body, we can do Eli.
                www.drmego.com
                www.megoman.com
                www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• jimsmegos
                  Mego Dork
                  • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by drmego

Sweet news on the Eli!

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                    • Oct 8, 2007

My Bad , thanks Doc.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

So, the Teen Titan Body is to become a reality? That's AWESOME news Paul!
                      sigpic

Comment

• drmego
                        EMCE Toys
                        • Jun 15, 2001

child not teen

No, not the Teen Titan body - the Our Gang child body. I wanted to
                        do the teen body, but BBP wanted the child body for Talky Tina and
                        Willie.

Originally posted by The Bat
                        So, the Teen Titan Body is to become a reality? That's AWESOME news Paul!
                        www.drmego.com
                        www.megoman.com
                        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

No, not the Teen Titan body - the Our Gang child body. I wanted to
                          do the teen body, but BBP wanted the child body for Talky Tina and
                          Willie.
                          A bit of a bummer. I don't see a lot of Customs coming out of that Body...of course, I could be wrong.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎