X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Even Where There Is Wave 2, There Is So Much More Wave 1

I've seen Wave 2 in several locations including TRU and a couple comic book shops. Even when I do, however, there seems to still be a slew of Wave 1 sitting there, but there are only a few Wave 2 figures. Was Wave 1 distributed in much larger numbers? Is Wave 2 that much better of a seller? Thoughts?
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I've yet to see any Wave 2 so I can't comment. I go twice a week (Tues and Fri when isles are stocked from the trucks from the night before).
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

It's reasonable to assume that Wave 2's production run was adjusted to what they saw as the "demand" based on Wave 1's sales. I wouldn't be surprised with Mattel, they've done that on other lines before. All their intel is off of Wave 1.

Of course, it could also just be a slow distribution channel. When Wave 3 hits, you may start to see more of Wave 2, etc. That happens sometimes as well.

Comment

• zeedox
        Career Member
        • Aug 10, 2007

I know someone might throw a tomato for saying this...

Why is Mattel only concerned with Money? Aren't good toys a priority? I am sure however all of these will eventually be collected and treasured for years.

Comment

• jemboy2004
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 14, 2005

Originally posted by zeedox
          Why is Mattel only concerned with Money? Aren't good toys a priority? I am sure however all of these will eventually be collected and treasured for years.
          Because that's why they are in business to make money and lots of it too. Makes perfect cents!

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

See my auction comparison to self prices on this thread below. Lower production on Wave 2 due to lower than expected demand on Wave 1 seems to be a good suggestion. High end pricing also appears to be playing a role if the secondary market is any measure.

Toys R Us Update.....Any Wave 2 sightings yet? - Page 29 - Mego Talk
            Last edited by MIB41; Oct 17, '10, 9:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎