X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Astronut
    No All-Star Squad version Samurai... I want the one with the boobies cut out.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• david_b
      Never had enough toys..
      • May 9, 2008

Jeez, I'm all for that..!!!! Please, bless us with pictures.

david_b
      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
        Career Member
        • Jun 18, 2007

Actually, I believe Power Girl's first appearance was in her classic outfit with the oval chest cut-out & side cape. Other early appearances (All-Stars, etc.) sometimes included a scoop neck or a normal neck-line with a double cape.

But yes, I think the 1st appearance look would be cool as it is classic, has translated into her modern appearance, and would coincide with the general consensus in this thread. But I would hope against any enhanced chest/torso or uniform, which would be odd and not retro at all...and kinda creepy.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
          Career Member
          • Jul 25, 2010

I'm in total agreement....... with everything in the thread .
          Vintage Toy Rescue
          1614-B N State Hwy 161
          Grand Prairie, TX 75050
          (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• jemboy2004
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 14, 2005

Powergirl would be cool. I'd buy her but I'd like to see a good Catwoman figure first, not the pirate look mego did and since Wonder Woman and Cheetah are on the way I'd take Powergirl next for the a new female figure.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

If these are in Toys R Us sitting in the "boy" aisles, I think sticking with male characters would prove to be more successful. I'm not hating on the girls; I just want the line to succeed. In my opinion, making lots of female figures will have young boys calling them "dolls" instead of "action figures".
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Astronut
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 21, 2010

Let's say out of 28 figures, six are female. I don't think that's a bad mix. Here are my four picks after WW and Cheetah hit:

Batgirl
                Supergirl
                Power Girl
                Huntress

I don't care for this 1:1 ratio heroes to villains. I like the fact that they are doing villains, yeah, but IMO one bad guy per wave would be perfect.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 14, 2010

I would rather have more male heroes and foes...but I do want to see some females. Catwoman,Supergirl and Batgirl for sure but I'd rather see Black Canary and Hawkgirl over Power Girl or Huntress.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                    Radioactive!
                    • Feb 13, 2010

I think Power Girl and Huntress would be a good bet due to the Superman/Batman connection---maybe as a Matty Exclusive?

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                      To Fear is Not Logical...
                      • Feb 17, 2008

I would rather see a non-pirate Catwoman before a Power Girl, too. An while we are wishing, I'd like to see a Lois Lane made. I know she isn't a super power, but I think it would be cool to have her next to Supes.
                      It's all good!

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                        If these are in Toys R Us sitting in the "boy" aisles, I think sticking with male characters would prove to be more successful. I'm not hating on the girls; I just want the line to succeed. In my opinion, making lots of female figures will have young boys calling them "dolls" instead of "action figures".
                        Yeah, young boys aren't buying these, adults are. Young boys are buying beyblade crap and psp games.

The no girls allowed rule is stupid and infuriating to anyone, adult or child, looking to purchase all their favorite characters, especially concerning teams. For me personally, if no female characters are included in a toy line, I will not purchase or drop it altogether. And I felt the same way 25 years ago when I couldn't add Batgirl, Supergirl, Catwoman, Hawkgirl or Cheetah to my Super Powers collection. As a child, I didn't know these characters weren't actually produced, I just knew I could never find these characters at the store.

Comment

• puckace
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Feb 5, 2009

I'd much rather see Hawkgirl or Black Canary than Power Girl. I'm sure Batgirl, Supergirl, and Catwoman are coming first though.

Comment

• madmarva
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jul 7, 2007

Mattel could use some left over stuffing from Darksied to fill out Power Girls' costume.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm not against PG per se, but there are many others who should come first. Particularly Supergirl & Batgirl... I'd be concerned that PG might undercut Supergirl.

As for new female heroes, I'd suggest Black Canary, classic Huntress, and a "proper" Catwoman.

Power Girl, "assests" aside, does have a pretty simple & striking costume that would lend itself to Retro-Action, though.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎