Deadman/Metallo

2013--Wave 10: Red Tornado/Toyman
    Mr. Miracle/Gorilla Grodd

Wave 11: Batman Yr. 1/Penguin
    Dr. Fate/Felix Faust

Wave 12: Black Canary/Scarecrow
    Phantom Stranger/Spectre

Exclusives: JSA, Doom Patrol, Superfriends, Teen Titans

Tried to acknowledge both Challenge of the Superfriends & Kirby contributions, as well as including Batman family & female characters for each year.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • wayne foundation 07
    Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

Good pairings you got going on there.Would really like to see Grundy get made.

Comment

• rlkrefft
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 14, 2010

For me I want to see these in order of importance:

Heroes:

Robin (with removable mask)
      Hawkman
      Plastic Man (I'm pretty sure we'll get the first two not sure about this guy but I do think he's popular enough to go through the trouble of adjusting the body a bit)

Heroines:

Batgirl
      Supergirl (no yellow on boots please and no ugly headband...who wants to have a version of the Kara that died? I sure don't want to remember her that way.)
      Black Canary
      Hawkgirl

Villains:

Joker
      Penguin (even if you have to stuff his tummy,he is a must)
      Riddler (jumpsuit with all the ???????????? but longer gloves)
      Catwoman (purple dress)
      Solomon Grundy (even if you must stuff him,I want him)
      Brainiac (if they only do one more Supes foe this should be the one)

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Wave 11: Batman Yr. 1

YEAH!! That's my #1 Pick!!
        sigpic

Comment

• MegoNutt
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 8, 2009

I don't care as long as they keep making them!
          If you need a hole, I can dig it.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

I could really live with that list
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

WHAT!!!!! NO B'wana Beast!!!!!!.......

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

I agree with you on wave 4.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• bondtoddbond
                  Mego Museum Super Spy
                  • Aug 14, 2009

Originally posted by MegoNutt
                  I don't care as long as they keep making them!
                  I second that! Just keep them going. I'll be happy to see Flash on the pegs, then we'll take it from there.
                  sigpic "It's like you're unravelling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                    I agree with you on wave 4.
                    Touche

But I figured you'd like wave 6...
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• haran_banjo_
                      • Feb 23, 2009

I'm a little bit disappointed about the future waves...I thought these Mattel Retro had taken the most famous Mego's figures of the 70's with some adds about the figures never produced by Mego in those years but a lot desired from the child of those years.
                      My thinkin' it's about there're many more important super-heroes first than Martian Manhunter or others: Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Captain America, Robin, Hulk, Thor, Namor (Submariner), Falcon, Doctor Strange...I hope they will arrive in future!

Comment

• Boywonder0
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by haran_banjo_
                        I'm a little bit disappointed about the future waves...I thought these Mattel Retro had taken the most famous Mego's figures of the 70's with some adds about the figures never produced by Mego in those years but a lot desired from the child of those years.
                        My thinkin' it's about there're many more important super-heroes first than Martian Manhunter or others: Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Captain America, Robin, Hulk, Thor, Namor (Submariner), Falcon, Doctor Strange...I hope they will arrive in future!
                        Who's gonna tell him about Spiderman, FF4, Iron Man, etc?

Comment

• Delusional B
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Nov 14, 2007

Originally posted by haran_banjo_
                          Mattel's license for the Retro-Action line only covers DC characters like Superman, Batman, etc. While Mego had the license to both Marvel and DC back in the day, Mattel only has DC. So, Marvel characters like Spiderman, FF, Iron Man, Hulk, etc. will not be made under Mattel's Retro-Action line.

However, if the 8" "Retro Revival" stays popular and proves to "have legs," we may see Hasbro (who now holds the Marvel toy license) jump into the market with their own version of 8" Marvel "Megos."

For now, all those characters you mentioned (except for Robin) are not coming anytime soon... and definitely not from Mattel.
                          Last edited by Delusional B; Sep 8, '10, 6:01 PM.
                          Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

• haran_banjo_
                            • Feb 23, 2009

Thanks a lot for the explaination DelusionalB, now it's all clare but, after this, I'm not sure to continue to buy the Mattel "Megos".
                            I have many original Megos, and my idea was to place side by side the old production with the new but in this case, with no one Marvel figure has no sense to continue it.
                            I can't hope Hasbro will produce the same figures but Marvel, in every case they will have a different body, surely not the same and will be another collection.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎