X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bgrimm77
    NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
    • Jan 4, 2009

Newbury Comics is Ridiculous!!

Hey Gang...... as I posted last week about Newbury Comics having the Retro Heroes for $30 , I was there again last night and the cheapest figs they have are THE BIG LEBOWSKI figs for $19.99. The VENTURE BRO figs range from $23.99 - $25.99 depending on who you are looking for. I was bummed at the Dexter Figures...... I was expecting Megoesque figs. They are not megoesque at all. 8 inch solid resin , limited articulation , but with cloth clothing price pointed at $24.99. Here is the Killer......AWESOME looking SCOTT IAN (they had 2 , and both had busted knee pins) $30 bucks. How can anyone afford these?
    WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by bgrimm77
    Here is the Killer......AWESOME looking SCOTT IAN (they had 2 , and both had busted knee pins) $30 bucks. How can anyone afford these?
    Well the good news is that Doc Mego will send out replacement knee pins to fix the problem for the person that buys them but the bad news is the person may or may not know this.
    Yeah, that is a tad pricey for the conditions.
    But then it's Newbury Comics. They can charge whatever they want and people with pay it.

Comment

• jemboy2004
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 14, 2005

I was happy to see all the new figures like Batman, black manta, aquaman and two face in person at newbury comics but didn't buy them for the 29.99 plus tax prices. I'll wait til I find them at TRU. Last time I didn't think i'd ever see GL in tru than had mike buy him at mego meet but now have seen serveral times at tru so if I wait I'll find these too.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

I agree they sell the "retro Heroes" for $10.00 too much...but I LOVE the 20% off they give me on my weekly Comics.
        sigpic

Comment

• megowgsh
          Customego HoF Curator
          • Nov 19, 2003

^^^not only that, but Newbury has a great selection of metal and punk CDs.
          Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by megowgsh
            Damm straight! With the 20% I saved on Comics...and turned right around and bought a Punk Rock CD.
            sigpic

Comment

• Gremlin517
              Museum Patron
              • Sep 20, 2009

The problem started when shops decided they wanted a taste of the collector's market and started to raise prices to what they thought the market could hold and not what the price tag. It's avarice, pure and simple.

Grem-
              Give us Golden Age Mego!!! Hourman! Golden Age Green Lantern, Jay Garrick would absolutely rock!sigpic

Comment

• Tothiro
                Kitten Mittens
                • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
                Damm straight! With the 20% I saved on Comics...and turned right around and bought a Punk Rock CD.
                Mmmmmm. I still need to pick up that Poison 13 reissue.

Grem - That's part of it, I'm sure. Another factor is that N.C. Just isn't getting it in bulk like TRU is, and their vendor discount is probably much smaller. Newbury and stores like them usually have to sell above mass-market retail just to make the same profit margin mass-market enjoys. So at a certain point, items have to be a certain price for the specialty shop to afford carrying them, otherwise the product space needs to be used for something else which would pay the rent.

The sliding scale wackadoo prices based on line though - I got nothin' for that.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 1, 2005

Originally posted by megowgsh

And posts like this are why you manage my band, lol.

Comment

• megocrazy
                    Museum Trouble Maker
                    • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by jemboy2004
                    I was happy to see all the new figures like Batman, black manta, aquaman and two face in person at newbury comics but didn't buy them for the 29.99 plus tax prices. I'll wait til I find them at TRU. Last time I didn't think I'd ever see GL in tru than had mike buy him at mego meet but now have seen several times at tru so if I wait I'll find these too.

Hey Ric
                    There was a guy at the show in Attleboro that had Batman and Two face for $25 each. So they're out there for a more reasonable price.
                    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• jemboy2004
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 14, 2005

Originally posted by megocrazy
                      Hey Ric
                      There was a guy at the show in Attleboro that had Batman and Two face for $25 each. So they're out there for a more reasonable price.
                      What show was there in Attleboro? I'd love to check out a local show sometime. Yeah it seems certain TRU's are not carrying the line, which is odd.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎