X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by bgiles73
    Right now Mattel has in their Barbie Line a doll of Cindi Lauper,Debbie Harry and Joan Jett. So I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work for BBP or Emce to include more musical personalities.
    I just got two of those on clearance... I might consider that a reason why not.

With so much varied musical taste, I think it would be hard to pick the ones that have the most overall appeal. Even McFarlane isn't doing musicians anymore. I guess they ran out of icons.

Having said all of that, I would be totally into musician figures. Hendrix, Jim Morrison,the Beatles, KISS, Alice Cooper, David Bowie, and on and on would be cool to me!
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• livnxxxl
      Megoholic RocketScientist
      • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
      Even McFarlane isn't doing musicians anymore. I guess they ran out of icons.
      Probably because most of the musicians these days heads have gotten too big for their bodies. Most of them tend to ask for such ludicrous dollar amounts because they "think" they can get it and sadly some times do. This just raises the bar for the rest of them to jump on the bandwagon.

Unfortunately, This is why a lot of nice and cool figures like those that could exist if it were not for greed will probably never even see the light of day. On the other hand they would make great bobble heads. Think about it. A huge head with little bodies.
      Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by livnxxxl
        Probably because most of the musicians these days heads have gotten too big for their bodies. Most of them tend to ask for such ludicrous dollar amounts because they "think" they can get it and sadly some times do. This just raises the bar for the rest of them to jump on the bandwagon.

Unfortunately, This is why a lot of nice and cool figures like those that could exist if it were not for greed will probably never even see the light of day. On the other hand they would make great bobble heads. Think about it. A huge head with little bodies.
        Perhaps, but McFarlane is doing sports figures and nobody has bigger heads than athletes. I wonder if the rights are different?
        Perhaps they buy a team license instead of individuals. Not sure how it all works.....
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• livnxxxl
          Megoholic RocketScientist
          • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
          Perhaps, but McFarlane is doing sports figures and nobody has bigger heads than athletes. I wonder if the rights are different?
          Perhaps they buy a team license instead of individuals. Not sure how it all works.....
          Yes, You are right a lot of the players do have big heads as well. I am not real sure either. I always thought that it was something that was negotiated in their contract under the licensing and what not. I see a lot of posters, trading cards and other stuff easily available so I am thinking that may be the case.

I could only imagine that if it was left up to each individual player there would be a lot of trading cards that would never make it to print much less for sale.
          Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎