X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Is Isis possible?

Since we are getting both Shazam and Black Adam, I was wondering if Isis is possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_(DC_Comics)

The DC comics one seems different enough from the Filmation one that it could get made (DC direct has already released an Isis action figure) but also close enough to make a nice update to the vintage Mego one.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Aug 10, '10, 12:17 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

I'd like to see another Joanna Cameron version w/o that really big forehead and a separate tiara.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• spamn
      Minty and All-Original!
      • Mar 28, 2002

It seems pretty unlikely to me; current commitment to the line is around 24 figures plus exclusives - and that was based on 2 four character lines per year for three years. I don't think there's much room for a sideliner like Isis, especially since she's SHAZAM! associated, and we're getting Cap Marvel and Black Adam already.

I think there are more mass-appeal characters to get to first. Just hitting the most-desired Bat and Superman family characters and villains could hit well over half of that number: (Supes, SuperGirl, Luthor, Solomon Grundy, Darkseid, Brainiac, Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Nightwing, Two Face, Joker, Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Ras Al Ghul). Add in never-made JL folks (Flash, GL, Martian Manhunter, Atom, Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Firestorm, Black Canary, Zatana) and we're pretty much done.

And we haven't even gotten to the JSA.

I think they'd do most if not all of these before hitting someone like Isis. (Or any of about a dozen of my favorite DC folks - like Ted Kord Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Captain Atom, Catpain Marvel Junior, Mary Marvel, Power Girl, Hawk, Dove, HawkII, Dove II, Jade, Obsidian, Tim Drake Robin, Connor Kent Superboy, and Whatshername Wondergirl)

That said, I'd love an Isis re-do as well. I just don't think it'll happen unless the line stretches out into the years. My fingers are crossed that it does.
      Last edited by spamn; Aug 10, '10, 2:21 PM.

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

I think Isis could be great if they can evoke Joanna Cameron without crossing that line into tricky legal territory with whomever now owns the Filmation rights.

I'd also like to see Osirus and Sobek. Sobek should wear the jogging suit.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

I like the DC Direct version.

But Isis as a figure? I dunno. It would depend upon if there were a huge demand for her, wouldn't it?
          JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

The line is currently committed to only 6 4-figure waves? I thought Doc had a 3-year roster "planned"?

I would like to see Isis, but she seems too peripheral & obscure--surely we should get Black Canary first.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

Would love to see Isis I have the DC direct version and love it.....that WW that's coming out would make a nice custom Isis......

Comment

• shazam7208
                Career Member
                • Oct 28, 2008

ISIS would be great....maybe at some point we'll be lucky enough to get her!

Comment

• spamn
                  Minty and All-Original!
                  • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  The line is currently committed to only 6 4-figure waves? I thought Doc had a 3-year roster "planned"?
                  I had thought we were going to get 3-4 waves per year, but wave 3 doesn't come out until 2011, so that's what I was basing my figure count on. 3 years at two waves per year. I hope we get more than 6 waves either way, though.

It's also possible looking at the release schedule that we'll get one exclusive per wave indefinitely - it depends on whether the 4 GL exclusives are solely a marketing push or indicative of the number of exclusives there'll actually be.
                  I would like to see Isis, but she seems too peripheral & obscure--surely we should get Black Canary first.
                  That's what I think too - Isis has not been as many comics as a bunch of other characters. Considering Isis hasn't been around since the 70s except for a modern incarnation that didn't last a year, I'd say there's less a chance for her.

Comment

• jemboy2004
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 14, 2005

I'd much rather see many other's first and besides that I've alwyas felt that Mego did her perfectly but if they made her updated DC version I'd surely buy her though.

Comment

• bobws
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 13, 2008

I'd Buy either version, but it seems unlikely to be made.
                      "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

yes joanna cameron,thats what i would like to see,i remember discovering isis in 1976,and how disappointed i was that it was a repainted wonder women head,bring on joanna cameron ,!.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

Isis would KILL the line IMO and be a MAJOR peg-warmer...
                          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                            That is what MattyCollector Lt Eds are for!
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• actjac01
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 17, 2009

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                              Not as long as I'm around buying!
                              Here's one retro collector who would definately stock up on ISIS, especially if it has a strong Joanna Cameron likeness.
                              I TOTALLY had the hots for her!
                              Still do.
                              "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎