Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toys R Us Update.....Any Wave 2 sightings yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Gremlin517
    Does Mattel actually keep track of E-bay sales?
    Probably not, but it's a good measure of demand when availability is limited. You also just saw a major Ebayer who has always supplied these lines as soon as they hit port, cut his price 25% on Wave 2 as well. It's indicative of low demand. Mattel/TRU would get better traffic on these lines if they would lower the cost. With the current quality issues well documented, a high-end price is clearly being frowned upon by the consumer. I think that's a fair statement...NOT a "hate-the-line" statement. There's a difference.

Comment

• Astronut
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 21, 2010

Just got some Wave 2. Went to TRU-X Rocky River, picked up Bats, Aqua, and Manta. No Two Face at all... I was kinda bummed... maybe he's short-packed? Anyway I left two Supes and four Bats on the pegs...

They are all really slouched in their bubbles.. Kind of messed up but I'm still loving 'em. Oh and I noticed the "S" were cracked on the Superman figs right there in the bubbles... Wow that is messed up. I thought they only cracked after the suits were stretched...

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

Still nothing at ours and no express close.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• renegade
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 16, 2010

Nut....two faces are one per case.

Comment

• Astronut
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by renegade
            Nut....two faces are one per case.
            Got it. Thanks dude.

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

Just found all of them at a TRUX in St Charles, IL on Randall Rd. I bought 2 Mantas and 1 2 Face. Batman, Aquaman, Two Face and Supes all remain.
              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

I've given up on going to Toys R' Us every week...Amazon is the way to go.
                sigpic

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                  Defender of the Megoverse
                  • Dec 30, 2008

Yah I don't blame you!

Comment

• Astronut
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 21, 2010

Nearly 10,000 views of this thread. What does that tell you about the poor distribution of these? I mean, there's "build up of hype" and then there's inadequacy, which is what I think we have here.

Comment

• Iron_fox85
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 14, 2008

i found twoface and black manta at toysrus in mcallen tx on monday. missed out of batman and aqyaman, pegs still full of sinestros and and 1 lex.

i'm hoping friday they will restock. i need that bat man and aqua man

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                        Defender of the Megoverse
                        • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by Astronut
                        Nearly 10,000 views of this thread. What does that tell you about the poor distribution of these? I mean, there's "build up of hype" and then there's inadequacy, which is what I think we have here.
                        You are right on the money. By the time wave 2 will be easily bought at Toys R' s they will be announcing that wave 3 is available. And of course, wave 3 will not be anywhere but at comic shops and eBay.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                          Banned
                          • Jun 23, 2001

This is just sad and pathetic...the Bay Shore Toys R Us still hasn't put out or gotten Wave 2. I wonder why Toys R Us has had money problems in the past They need to fix that system of "If the old wave isn't sold out we can't put the new wave out yet" It's not a way to stay in business....and the clearance is now a complete and utter joke. Clearance means "Get this stuff the hell out of here" ...not "Maybe if we make it look a little cheaper we may get some sucker to bite" Do like Target does and "Blow the stuff out" What makes it more surprising is that Black Friday is coming up and it would be retail suicide not to get some new product on the shelf that should have been out at least a month ago. Thank God I put in and order with my comic store for wave 3...and it will cost me the same as if I were to pick them up at Toys R Us...and I didn't have to order a case to get the figures...Comic stores can order the figures individually...so if there is any you didn't like you didn't have to order it to get the ones you do like. Toys R Us...just PATHETIC.

Comment

• boynightwing
                            That Carl Guy
                            • Apr 24, 2002

I think wave 2 ended up almost entirely in Canada. I'm not complaining mind you. Its nice that we actually got something for a change. We didn't get wave 1 here though.

Comment

• TrueDave
                              Toy Maker
                              • Jan 12, 2008

went to the TRU closet to Indiana from Cincy. ( NAME?)

Anyway. The Girl doll looking faced Aquaman. More villians from wave 1.

I just wanna SEE a Black Manta.

Comment

• TrueDave
                                Toy Maker
                                • Jan 12, 2008

Saw Sinestros, Aquaman, and a single Two Face. At Western Hills TRU
                                I want to see A batman and maybe even BUY a Black Manta !

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎