Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toys R Us Update.....Any Wave 2 sightings yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cricketts99
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 20, 2007

Finally saw Wave 2 today at our new ToyRUs. Must counfess Batman Wave does look better in person than in the pictures.

Wish I could have gotten some Wave 1 when our old store liquadated to make way for the new store. But still fighting for Workers Comp Benefits from assault back in February.

Comment

• MeegoMan26
      • Oct 14, 2010

Found wave 2 at a Toys R Us Express in Austin, TX. Seems like the regular Toys R Us stores don't carry them. I spoke with an employee and they told me that they don't get to decide what get ships to them. Corporate makes the decision and checks each store's inventory and sends what's needed. That sucks for them, but I'm just happy that I finally found them! Been searching for months on end! GO TOYS R US EXPRESS!!

Comment

• Astronut
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 21, 2010

awesome news for you! now if only northeast OH would get them I'd be ecstatic.

Comment

• cactus725
          Caped Crusader
          • Feb 8, 2010

Just bought Aquaman today in Chattanooga TN TRU...now I have Batman and Aquaman in the new line..Aquaman was hanging alone with several Sinestros and Luthors..wish they would have made the faces a little more heroic looking...lol..anyway I will continue to purchase till I have them all!

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

I noticed Wave 2 is no longer on the TRU website, but Wave 1 is...Hmmmmm.

Comment

• Astronut
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 21, 2010

What do you think that means... ? I hope production on Wave 2 has not been stopped prematurely. God that would blow.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

That's a very good question Astronut. Perhaps with the new TRU Express stores, they have chosen to push the product to those outlets and take them offline? It does raise an eyebrow though.

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

only seen manta so far.

Comment

• Jason73
                    Correctamundo!
                    • Jan 11, 2009

I finally found Wave 2 today. I bought them all. Could not help myself. Now that I have them all set up I'm glad I did.
                    Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                      Career Member
                      • Aug 3, 2010

Finally! I started this post 2 months ago, and have made countless stops at the 2 TRU's in my area. Last night at the newly opened xpress store I got my wave 2. I held out getting them online to have that awesome feeling to choose my own from the pegs.
                      Many thanks to all those who have commented here. Many more thanks Doc for making it all happen for us fans of these wonderful figures that keep us young.
                      Now, any wave 3 sightings? hopefully by Xmas
                      mego's befo ho's

Comment

• Goblin19
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 2, 2002

Finally found mine at a TRU Express, as well. I didn't know we even had any in our area until I stumbled onto a Retro Batman at my local TRU and the guy at customer service said they weren't carrying them, but the sticker indicated that it was from an express store that just opened in a nearby suburb. I made the drive and voila the rest of the guys were all there.

Comment

• Astronut
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by Goblin19
                          Finally found mine at a TRU Express, as well. I didn't know we even had any in our area until I stumbled onto a Retro Batman at my local TRU and the guy at customer service said they weren't carrying them, but the sticker indicated that it was from an express store that just opened in a nearby suburb. I made the drive and voila the rest of the guys were all there.
                          Oh wow. Which TRU Express in Cleveland? Did they have very many left? I've been looking everywhere!!
                          Last edited by Astronut; Oct 17, '10, 4:25 PM.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Here's the average sale price on Ebay for Wave 2 over the past three weeks:

Batman - $18.73 - 12 sold
                            Two Face - $17.59 - 9 sold
                            Manta - $16.82 - 6 sold
                            Aquaman - $15.71 - 7 sold

Now, let's examine the staying power of Wave 1 over the same three weeks:

Superman - $16.82 - 36 sold
                            Lex Luthor - $13.50 - 1 sold
                            Green Lantern - $10.25 - 1 sold
                            Sinestro - $5.27 - 2 sold

The point? I believe this is why we see Wave 1 figures warming pegs at TRU, while only Wave 2 seems to be hitting Express outlets. The high-end cost has cooled demand, even for the current wave. Online auctions are not moving much (hence the reduction in the number produced for wave 2 and likely any subsequent waves). For comparison, look at the last Dark Knight film and the craze that took place over the 6 inch Joker figure when it became hard to find. The price value for that figure went through the roof. An unfair comparison because that was movie merchandise? Okay here's a better one - Years ago Meijers put out a GI Joe Land and Sea Adventurer exclusive to their stores - $14.99 each. I personally sold six or seven of them for $70 plus each, while starting my auction at the self price. Here we have Wave 2 out for a nostalgia line up that is just about as hard to find. Yet no one is even paying self price to buy one online. That speaks volumes.
                            Last edited by MIB41; Oct 17, '10, 9:51 PM.

Comment

• Astronut
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by Goblin19
                              Thanks for the PM, man. I'm going after work; I don't want to be rushed at lunch... I want to take it all in. That glorious view of new "Megos" on peg hooks at retail!!!

Comment

• Gremlin517
                                Museum Patron
                                • Sep 20, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                                Here's the average sale price on Ebay for Wave 2 over the past three weeks:

Batman - $18.73 - 12 sold
                                Two Face - $17.59 - 9 sold
                                Manta - $16.82 - 6 sold
                                Aquaman - $15.71 - 7 sold

Now, let's examine the staying power of Wave 1 over the same three weeks:

Superman - $16.82 - 36 sold
                                Lex Luthor - $13.50 - 1 sold
                                Green Lantern - $10.25 - 1 sold
                                Sinestro - $5.27 - 2 sold

The point? I believe this is why we see Wave 1 figures warming pegs at TRU, while only Wave 2 seems to be hitting Express outlets. The high-end cost has cooled demand, even for the current wave. Online auctions are not moving much (hence the reduction in the number produced for wave 2 and likely any subsequent waves). For comparison, look at the last Dark Knight film and the craze that took place over the 6 inch Joker figure when it became hard to find. The price value for that figure went through the roof. An unfair comparison because that was movie merchandise? Okay here's a better one - Years ago Meijers put out a GI Joe Land and Sea Adventurer exclusive to their stores - $14.99 each. I personally sold six or seven of them for $70 plus each, while starting my auction at the self price. Here we have Wave 2 out for a nostalgia line up that is just about as hard to find. Yet no one is even paying self price to buy one online. That speaks volumes.
                                Does Mattel actually keep track of E-bay sales?
                                Give us Golden Age Mego!!! Hourman! Golden Age Green Lantern, Jay Garrick would absolutely rock!sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎