The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toys R Us Update.....Any Wave 2 sightings yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spamn
    Minty and All-Original!
    • Mar 28, 2002

I'm sure that when the King of Prussia TRU reopens in November, they'll have them. But by that time I'll have ordered my doubles from TRU.com. I'm just dying to take a picture with multiple card colors on the pegs.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Is it me or do you find it bizarre anyone wants to buy these for prices over and above what they can get by simply ordering them online at TRU with free shipping? It boggles the mind.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

My problem about ordering online is: As a picky Collector...I like to inspect the Figure up close before I buy it. I look for flaws-Paint imperfections(half missing Eyebrows, etc...). Runs in the Costume, and that sort of thing.
        Ordering online...you take your chances.
        sigpic

Comment

• spamn
          Minty and All-Original!
          • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by MIB41
          Is it me or do you find it bizarre anyone wants to buy these for prices over and above what they can get by simply ordering them online at TRU with free shipping? It boggles the mind.
          I'm with ya, but there's no sales tax in Delaware, and Christiana from my work takes about the same as hitting Exton from my home. The only way I can match 19.99 per figure is to buy five of them from TRU.com to get the free shipping, and I don't always have the $100 to spend all at once.

Comment

• Frank
            Veteran Member
            • May 2, 2009

Speaking of Christiana, DE TRU....that's like 15 minutes from my house and were I work....been there every other day since sightings of Wave 2 started. I really don't thnk they're gonna get Wave 2 until they move the 3 full pegs of Wave 1 that they still have!!

So on Sunday I packed the family up and we drove down to Dover, DE about a good 40 minutes or so from my house...this is after I had already been to Exton, Media, and King Of Prussia the previous weekends....nothing at the Dover TRU except 2 full pegs of Wave 1. Then we stopped at the Dover Mall and guess what!?! A TRU EXPRESS STORE!!! Hit paydirt finally!!! I picked up all four... there were still like 5 Batrman, 3 Aquaman, and 1 Black Manta left on the pegs. I felt kinda bad leaving them just hanging there!!

To say I'm meticulous when it comes to the condition of the card and the figure positioning in the bubble is an understatement...so I took about 15-20 minutes or so just trying to pick out what I deemed as the "best" of the bunch. So we drove back home and when I got home I was checking out the figures again and noticed that my Black Manta has 2 friggin' left hands!!!

After all the waiting and driving....my Black Manta has 2 friggin' left hands!!!! I didn't even notice it while I was in the store......anybody wany to buy a "Rare Factory Error" Black Manta!??! jk....lol. I'll just wait until my local TRU gets them in and exchange him.

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

I was in my local TRU this afternoon and they had just put cases to the floor in the comic section.

They got in restock of wave one, not new stock of wave 2. Huh? There were again Sinestros and Luthors galore and a few GL's and Supes. Hard to imagine a store getting in old merchandise ahead of the new wave, but it's TRU and it's CIncinnati, so anything is possible.

Scott
              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                Megoholic RocketScientist
                • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
                My problem about ordering online is: As a picky Collector...I like to inspect the Figure up close before I buy it. I look for flaws-Paint imperfections(half missing Eyebrows, etc...). Runs in the Costume, and that sort of thing.
                That makes perfectly good sense to me.
                Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by The Bat
                  That's a good point Bat.

Comment

• jemboy2004
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 14, 2005

I went to one of the TRU's on Swansea Ma that didn't have any of these figures and I noticed they put up 4 pegs as it say's what will be going there so they should be getting some soon or they have them in the back and are putting up now so it seems they are getting them in now. All the express TRU's I've been to have them so I think the express stores are the best bets if you want to get them in person like I do.

Comment

• Kevy247
                      Gotham City Tourism Board
                      • May 15, 2003

FINALLY got mine yesterday at the TRU express that just opened in the Long Beach Town Center mall. Had a few Batman and a couple Aquamans to choose from and only 1 Twoface and 1 Manta..along with 1 Superman. The Toysrus in Cerritos still has only Sinestro and Luthors warming the pegs.

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

I was in the Niagara Falls TRU yesterday and the only one they had was a single Aquaman.
                        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                          Career Member
                          • Aug 3, 2010

I still am waiting her in the huson valley ny area for my wave 2! Maybe by xmas i hope. i was on vacation last week in Colorado and got to visit one toys r us in ft collins only to find the same ole same ole lex and sinestro
                          mego's befo ho's

Comment

• steelcouch
                            Career Member
                            • Feb 11, 2006

Went to TRU on Sunday and they had the remnants of wave 2 hitting earlier last week. All that was left on the peg was a black manta.

Comment

• spamn
                              Minty and All-Original!
                              • Mar 28, 2002

Found the on the pegs last week in media, pa. One each of bats, aquaman, and black manta. Haven't checked out christiana yet.

Comment

• stevenlore
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Oct 4, 2009

Finally! Went to a TRU Express in Huntington,NY. Picked up Batman and Aquaman. Wanted to get Black Manta, but at $20 a pop, I had to hold back. Maybe in a few weeks I can get him.
                                Last edited by stevenlore; Sep 28, '10, 6:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎