Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toys R Us Update.....Any Wave 2 sightings yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

If you went to the one I frequent, you might think they never even got them in, but they just were sold out over last weekend, leaving the same couple of Lexs and Sinestros that have been there a while. Maybe that's why it seems like they aren't getting wave 2.

Or maybe they actually DIDN'T get wave 2. It certainly could be that too.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Newton71
      • Jan 13, 2010

The store in Jefferson Valley in Westchester NY had a couple of Aquaman (Aquamen?) this afternoon. They did have a Black Manta too but I bagged it. They had nothing apart from the obligatory Sinestro's and Lex's last Saturday so I guess they must have restocked during the week and that was all that was left. Still nothing in the Times Square store, well apart from the Sinestro's and Lex's of course.
      Last edited by Newton71; Aug 28, '10, 9:42 PM.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
        Radioactive!
        • Feb 13, 2010

TRU in Birmingham, AL has two pegs full of Wave 1 Luthor and Sinestro, and a lone GL.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Will future Retro waves be mostly sold from TRU online?

This seems to be a reasonable question right now. Wave 2 figures are in comic book stores and most online outlets (including TRU). Yet it seems abundantly clear that individual TRU outlets are not jumping on additional waves. With wave 3 supposedly due in October, isn't it probable that many TRU stores will be sporadic in stocking future waves? In fact, wouldn't it be more likely that TRU converts additional waves to online exclusives?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by MIB41
            This seems to be a reasonable question right now. Wave 2 figures are in comic book stores and most online outlets (including TRU). Yet it seems abundantly clear that individual TRU outlets are not jumping on additional waves. With wave 3 supposedly due in October, isn't it probable that many TRU stores will be sporadic in stocking future waves? In fact, wouldn't it be more likely that TRU converts additional waves to online exclusives?
            Fairly sure wave 3 won't be for October, it seems it's been moved to January. I think it's way to early to tell what the stores are ordering since it seems to be the same as the release of wave 1, where each store gets a case or two, they sell right away, then it's 2 or 3 weeks before they have more.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
              Career Member
              • Jun 10, 2007

I went to our TRU last night and still no Retro Action figures of any kind.....
              I've already got mine, so I don't need to ask why they aren't getting any, but I just don't get it.
              Lynn

Comment

• Spyweb007
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 18, 2006

Nothing but 1 lonely Retro Superman in the Rhode Island TRU.

Comment

• steelcouch
                  Career Member
                  • Feb 11, 2006

Ive been to the TRU in Fresno at least four times in the last four weeks and still no wave 2. They did have another shipment of wave 1 figures and all the pegs were full. Beginning to think that they wont carry wave 2 for a long time or the scalpers have already hit the stores more than once.

Comment

• salb71
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 17, 2005

They just opened up a Toys r us express right by my house In Wantagh, Long Island, NY, they had both Wave 1 and 2.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                      Banned
                      • Jun 23, 2001

Nothing yet here on the South Shore of Long Island...but my Bro picked me up a Two Face and Bats in the Westfield area of New Jersey. Two Face is AWESOME!!!!! Can't wait to convert him to a Type 2 Mego Body. Haven't decided what to do with bats. Any Zica Bodies left??

Comment

• livnxxxl
                        Megoholic RocketScientist
                        • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                        Nothing yet here on the South Shore of Long Island...but my Bro picked me up a Two Face and Bats in the Westfield area of New Jersey. Two Face is AWESOME!!!!! Can't wait to convert him to a Type 2 Mego Body. Haven't decided what to do with bats. Any Zica Bodies left??
                        That was cool of your Bro.

From the last I read from Craig he is out of Zica bodies now.
                        Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• supes
                          For the love of Mego's!
                          • Jan 19, 2004

Cool, I grew up in Westfield NJ!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• SeattleEd
                            SynthoRes Transmigrator
                            • Oct 24, 2007

PM sent.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                              Time to feed the cat
                              • Dec 30, 2007

Stopped at one outside Pittsburgh Pa. yesterday they had all of wave 1 and a couple wave 2,picked up the Black Manta I needed.Batman's emblem was sticking to the front of the bubble looked all melty.

Comment

• fazzyfaz
                                • Jun 22, 2010

Toys r us express in selden, ny had both waves.....picked up all the figures for wave 2.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎