• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Gremlin and Jason Foster review

From Gremlin and Jason Foster Review - Laser Mego

I just received the first two Twilight Zone 8" Mego-like action figures from Bif Bang Pow.

Gremlin:

The Gremlin features a full fury body suit with a padded tummy. It would have been nice if Bif Bang Pow had EMCE toys make a reproduction fat-body, but in this case the padded suit works fine. The suit even has fur on the bottom of the feet, but it doesn't seem to interfere with his standing.

The fur on the head is not connected to the suit so that the head can be turned. The fur hat is held on by a small piece of velcro under the chin. I didn't even notice it until I tried to take off the hat.

There is a little bit a glue holding the fur hat to the head, but I peeled it away because I wanted to see what the head looked like under the hat. The sculpt is perfect and the bald head may find uses for custom figures.

Jason Foster:

Jason has a nice outfit with great details. I didn't undo the belt as I wasn't sure I could get it back on, but he appears to be wearing white pajama tops and bottoms with a bath robe. The front of the shirt has velcro to keep it closed. He also has some very sturdy slippers that seem to be made of a rubbery plastic. Unfortunately, my robe has a very visible stain on the right sleeve. I'm sure this is just an isolated incident.

The head sculpt is amazing. At first I though he had a removable mask, but it is just part of the sculpt. I didn't even notice the stain on his right side of the face until I took the picture with a flash. I was able to rub it right off, so it was just a little gunk on the plastic.

Overall I am very impressed with these two figures. I think Bif Bang Pow has hit a home run and will be getting all the rest of the series.
    sigpic LaserMego
  • AAAAA
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 28, 2005

Great work , Love the gremlin
    will make a great Star raiders like alien custom

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 15, 2010

Thanks for the great review and pix. I'd been wondering whether Jason Foster's mask came off.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

They're cool. Thanks for posting pictures.

Comment

• Remco Monster
          GLOWS in the Dark!
          • May 3, 2006

So cool. Can't wait to get them. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

well i should get mine monday,they look so cool.thanks

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Great review
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

they are extremely cool looking. I could see that Gremlin head becoming a Dead Man custom

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

A BALD Gremlin! It's interesting that the hood can be removed. Funny...I always thought that he was more brown on TZ (the way I pictured it if it were in color), b/c the fur is darker. But other than that, it's spot on.

And I'm surprised the mask isn't removable on Jason, but man, that's an eerie sculpt. Perfect!
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

got my gremlin and jason foster ,saturday after all,and they are cool,the sculpts are first rate,the gremlin and foster are very highly detailed,if this is what emce and bif bang pow are offering ,i am on board ,thank you doc mego and for everyone else who worked on this product,the cards were larger then i thought they were going to be,but very well done ,i miss the harold shull art work though,ill collect them all.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                      They really, really look great. Hats off to everyone involved with these.
                      Thank you VERY much for the kind words and your business.
                      Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                      bifbangpow.com
                      twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Just got my TZs for Christmas--very impressive!! The sculpts and costume detailing are superb.

I like the B&W effect very much, and details like paint decos & hair rooting are meticulous.

"The Masks" is one of my favorite episodes--thanks, BBP!

Can't wait to see "Toome Enough at Last>"

*What are the chances of a Serling figure--this line deserves one, if the license can be secured.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                          MeGoing
                          • May 14, 2003

Thanks for the review...I love my Gremlin, and I think I am going to have to get a Jason Foster too.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎