X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Got Batman & Aquaman, here's my take:

Lucky me! I got off work an hour and a half early today, and come home to find an Entertainment Earth box on my doorstep! YAY! Great way to start the weekend! Upon opening the box, I just admired them in their packaging, secretly wishing that I had the joy of buying them in the store, seeing them all hung on the racks. Oh well. So I opened Batman first. Aside from being loose, this is a cool looking figure up close! I like the way the costume shows off his six-pack! The boots look like rubber versions of Doc Mego hero boots, and the belt is cool too. The cowl stays on until you want it to come off. Then I opened Aquaman. Less loose than Batman, and has that cool Filmation look. I love the grippy hands, just right for holding his trident. I then took them to the toy room to meet their Mego/Castaway counterparts (Aquaman is on a CAW body). After some discussion, Mego and Retro Batmen decided that only Mego Batman would be in the Batcave, too confusing for Robin otherwise. Retro Aquaman admired CAW Aquaman's tan and let him hold the trident for a bit. Retro Batman watched an ep of the 60s series w/ me and then went to stand on my Mego shelf next to FF Batman. Retro Aquaman is w/ 2 CAW Aquamen on the Mego shelf as well.

All kidding aside, while I noticed Batman can stand just fine (w/o even stooping), he can't hold a sitting pose. He does remind me of some of my Megos that I either tried to restring myself (and didn't pull tight enough), or the ones that are worn-out and loose. Aquaman isn't that bad, but still a bit loose. You have to look hard, but Batman's emblem is just starting to come up on the lower left side.

I'm pretty happy for the most part, (though I'm not wild about the looseness) and maybe someday someone can help me tighten them. Until then, Bats can do the Batusi!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06kXXJUddHQ
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

Thanks for the review. It really helps in my buying order. Aquaman, Manta, Venkman, Two Face, Bats

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Thanks for the review
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• generic
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 25, 2009

Good review! Thanks for taking the time to post! I think my biggest fear with these guys at this point is that the stickers will come off in the package. They cost too much for me to buy two of each right now, so I'll leave them on the card and maybe pick up loose (I mean "out of package") figures here later. So I worry that the carded figures will lose their stickers.
        Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎