The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monsters/Horror you would like to see Spectre or BBP make..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Remco Monster
    GLOWS in the Dark!
    • May 3, 2006

Monsters/Horror you would like to see Spectre or BBP make..

I am really looking forward to the Twilight Zone and Dark Shadows figures, and was thinking of other monsters I would like to see Spectre and/or Biff Bang Pow make.

In glorious B&W...

The Addam's Family - There have yet to be any decent figures from one of my favorite shows. B&W figures would look so amazing!
    The Munsters - I don't care for the CTVT ones, that stupid green, and half of the figures just look terrible. Not to mention they will fall apart by just looking at them.
    Plan 9 from Outer Space - Because a Vampira and Tor Johnson would be the bee's knees.
    And Diamond really needs to make some B&W versions of their Universal Monsters. That Wolfman would look amazing in B&W.

Really, I am up for just about any B&W classic monsters, but off the top of my head, those are at the top of my want list.

In color...
    Kolchak: The Night Stalker - Another favorite of mine, and I have been wanting a Kolchak figure for many years!
    Blacula - Love the 12" one coming out from Amok Time, but an 8"er would be just so cool!

Who would YOU like to see?
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

I'm more of an eighties horror fan, so Freddy Krueger, Jason, Ash from Evil Dead, Pinhead from hellraiser etc.

I find it hard to resist ANYTHING zombie, but Flyboy or Hare Krishna from Day of the Dead, or Bub from Dawn of the Dead or Return of the Living Dead guys like the punks or Tar zombie would be cool.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Remco Monster
      GLOWS in the Dark!
      • May 3, 2006

I would definitely pick up some more modern horror figures as well. Leatherface, The Hitchhiker (from Texas Chainsaw), Jason, Ash, Flyboy, Bub, Dr. Herbert West, etc.

Oh, also, a Karen Black with a little Zuni Warrior doll from Trilogy of Terror would rock!

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I'd like Mego style figures of the Addams family, Vampirella and Elvira.

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
        The Munsters - I don't care for the CTVT ones, that stupid green,
        The green is a mandate from the licensor. All Munsters products have to use it. The Funko Bobbleheads, Majestic collector dolls, Sideshow Little Big head figures, etc. were all green.
        Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 26, '10, 1:32 PM.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• bgiles73
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 14, 2010

I'd love to see either of these fine companies give us a good line of "The X-Files" figures. Mulder and Scully would be great as 8" Mego-Type figures! There are plenty of aliens and monsters to keep the line going a while too!
          It would also be cool if someone did a line of real life monsters like Vlad the Impaler, Jack the Ripper, Lizzy Borden, etc. MaFarlane Toys did a line like this that was pretty cool.
          On my ultimate want list though, would be a line of characters from Stephen King's Movies! Jack Nicholson from "The Shining", Vampires from "Salems Lot", Sissy Spaycek's "Carrie", Tim Curry's Penywise from "It", etc,etc,etc!!! Maybe even a figure of Stephen King himself!

Comment

• Remco Monster
            GLOWS in the Dark!
            • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
            The green is a mandate from the licensor. All Munsters products have to use it. The Funko Bobbleheads, Majestic collector dolls, Sideshow Little Big head figures, etc. were all green.
            Oh yeah, I know, but I don't like it. But does that mean there absolutely can't be B&W versions? That would really surprise me.

Comment

• generic
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 25, 2009

There are so many classic monsters that I would like to see (many of them already named here). Dr. Herbert West just might be at the top of my list, but a series of Return of the Living Dead 8" figures really would also be great!
              Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• generic
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 25, 2009

Side Note: TCM Hitchhiker, you have taken some of the most amazing toy photos that I've ever seen! I especially love the B/W Frankenstein and the Wolfman photos. I also really dig the vintage GI Joe stuff.

The first time I saw your Warriors photos, I thought, "Now THERE's a photographer who actually cares about the toys he's photographing!" I didn't know that was you until today! Awesome work, man!
                Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                  GLOWS in the Dark!
                  • May 3, 2006

Hey, thanks a lot generic. I take my toy photography almost too seriously. Haha

Comment

• SeattleEd
                    SynthoRes Transmigrator
                    • Oct 24, 2007

Addams and Munsters. My daughter is getting into them so it would be cool to get DM versions. That way Herman and Lurch can dual it out.

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Plan 9 from outer space? HELL YES
                      Zombies? HELL YES
                      Modern monster characters? Ash yes, not sure about the others
                      Vlad Tepes and Jack the Ripper? OH, HELL YES
                      Stephen King characters? Probably a couple
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• bgiles73
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 14, 2010

Hammer would be great. A Christopher Lee vampire is high on my wish lists! So is Peter Cushing. I'd also love to see a line devoted to Vincent Price.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                          WANTED for card bending
                          • Apr 26, 2008

I want Car 54. on DVD, and dolls with a squad car please.

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                            Hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
                            A completly untapped market just ripe for the picking.
                            How could I forget about Hammer?
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 9, 2008

Personally I would like to see more related to horror films of the 80's and 90's . I know that they are not necessarily 70'sish but neither are the Venture Bros. Or Lost figs. I think it would be cool to see some iconic figures like

Jason Voorhees
                              Freddy Krueger
                              Michael Myers

Maybe even a line based on the Underworld films. There has not been a good toy line for these to date. The Mezco line was a dissapointment , but maybe a Mego scale would rock ! What about Figures about The Lost Boys ? , and I know not really Monsters but what about Jim Hensens Labyrith ?
                              In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎