X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MEGOMAN
    Defender of the Megoverse
    • Dec 30, 2008

Mattel Classics to Now

I was just sitting back and started to think about old He-Man and old MEGO. I know that Mattel has always done He-man. But why it is that they can take the original classic line and then come out with the incredible He-Man line that we have today? On the flip side they can't do MEGO the same justice with the new Retro-Action line. ***?
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

I suspect because they didn't have to redesign the He-Man body, like they had to with the Retro line, which was also completely new to them, in that scale anyway.
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Mister Kennedy
      • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Meule
      I suspect because they didn't have to redesign the He-Man body, like they had to with the Retro line, which was also completely new to them, in that scale anyway.
      The new He-Man figures do not use the molds from 80's figures. They are entirely new sculpts by the Four Horsemen.

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

He-Man also does not have any cloth pieces or any removable boots. Everything is sculpted. Hard to screw that up if the sculpters are good, which the FH are.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• MEGOMAN
          Defender of the Megoverse
          • Dec 30, 2008

Good point!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎