• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wayne foundation 07
    Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Raydeen1
    $25.00 figures.
    price increase???????????????????????????

Comment

• Boywonder0
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
      ...And to all the sarcastic posters on this thread...if you don't like them, don't buy them. The one thing I don't get with all the sarcasm and hating is this...if you were to make your own customs of these figures...it would cost you A LOT!!! more than $20. Just be thankful that the stuff is already made for you and you can kitbash for $20. I don't understand the *****ing and Complaining. THEY ARE NOT MEGOS...and the will NEVER BE MEGOS. We all get that. Live with it and move on. IT'S A TOY!!!!
      It simply can not be stated any better than that!

Comment

• LovethoseMegos
        Lover of Megos
        • Jan 3, 2010

Originally posted by geoffdude
        Where did you hear (read) that the bodies would be fixed?

regards,

g.
        Originally posted by drmego
        I still wish - that when the wave 2 figures arrive in stores - the bodies are
        strung together better. That doesn't require making new steel like the
        "thunder thighs" - just instructing the assembly workers.

And Meule - I think I take criticism pretty well. Given the fact that I have
        been on the receiving end of it for more than ten years on this forum - and
        have never called anyone a bad name - speaks to my thick hide.
        Just assumed since doc was involved that they would be fixed by his own statement. And for all those who say we shouldn't complain I say your an idiot for not. Christ, look at Aquaman! His hip isn't straight. Black Manta can't even stand the guy said!! They are toys, and your 40 year olds buying them. Stop using that argument that they are just toys. How many figures are priced at 20 bucks and don't function as they should. None. You guys who think these are great sound like cult followers. Your the reason Mattel doesn't give a flying F and won't fix them. So keep buying these broken toys and spend another 15 to fix them. You'll at least keep the economy going.

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by LovethoseMegos
          Just assumed since doc was involved that they would be fixed by his own statement. And for all those who say we shouldn't complain I say your an idiot for not. Christ, look at Aquaman! His hip isn't straight. Black Manta can't even stand the guy said!! They are toys, and your 40 year olds buying them. Stop using that argument that they are just toys. How many figures are priced at 20 bucks and don't function as they should. None. You guys who think these are great sound like cult followers. Your the reason Mattel doesn't give a flying F and won't fix them. So keep buying these broken toys and spend another 15 to fix them. You'll at least keep the economy going.
          Nerd rage at its finest.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• LovethoseMegos
            Lover of Megos
            • Jan 3, 2010

Originally posted by HardyGirl
            Nerd rage at its finest.
            This coming from an old lady on the same toy board who took time to respond. Hope you feel better about yourself. And yes I am a nerd and proud of it!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Raydeen1
              The body is sad. The legs look incredibly stupid. Pigeon-toed superheroes! Ugh.
              You realize, of course, that there is a rotation joint at the ankle, something original Mego's didn't have, and can be posed to NOT be pigeon toed? He just didn't do it for the photographs.

The thing I can't wait for is SDCC so there will be new prototypes to ***** about.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                Time to feed the cat
                • Dec 30, 2007

This coming from an old lady on the same toy board who took time to respond. Hope you feel better about yourself. And yes I am a nerd and proud of it!
                Hey buddy you better let it end right there,your new here and we don't act like that here.If you can't take a joke you better head elsewhere.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 23, 2001

So, what is the main thrust of your complaint then? Here's the gist of what I was getting at. These aren't Megos...they never will be. Everyone knows that. My point to you is...can you buy a Twoface Mego figure...last thing I remember is NO because MEGO DIDN'T MAKE ONE. Same goes for Sinestro, Lex Luthor, Green Lantern, and Black Manta. Now if you're complaint is that the quality of the bodies suck...fine, we all agree. But what else can you complain about?? You have the means to make a MEGO VERSION out of the parts that have been "put on your table" for $20. How can that suck?? Explain to me how that sucks. Here's a breakdown of what it may cost you to put together a Custom of the figures that mattel is putting out...take a Green Lantern for arguments sake:

If you go Doc Mego style:

$5 - $10 for the body (Been a while since I bought a Doc Body...I may be off)
                  $5 - $10 for a Cast head...and God forbid you don't know how to paint like me. At least with the Mattel version you get a rotocast head.
                  $10 to paint a head
                  $5 - $15 for a bodysuit be it silkscreened or stitched together.
                  $5 - $10 for Boots
                  $5 - $10 for the lantern
                  $5 - $15 for fist hands or whatever special hands you may need.

That's $57/$58 if you use the average of $8 per item on the list...and that doesn't include shipping that it would take for you to get the stuff from different sources. I know Doc used to charge somewhere in the range of $35 - $45 for his Hawkman figures he used to sell. Same for Doc's RC Bats.

With all that has been said...explain to me how these figures are that bad that you can complain about them? If you are a parent you may have a complaint if these figures keep busting up and breaking. $20 each time Tommy breaks his Green Lantern figure is a bit much. But these figures are just gonna go on your self and you are gonna look at them every once in a while...I just don't get the hating that these figures are getting. All because the body won't stand right??!!?? There are fixes for that problem...you can switch it out either to an original Mego T2 Body or someone put up a how to on how to fix this body that mattel has on these figures. You want me to send you a Type 2 Body to put your Green Lantern on...fine, send me your address and I'll send you a T2 body for FREE. I just don't get it beyond all that I explained...Besides the body of the Mattel figure...what can really be complained about on these figures?? Someone explain it to me.
                  "When not too many people can see we're all the same
                  And because of all their tears,
                  Their eyes can't hope to see
                  The beauty that surrounds them
                  Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
                  By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
                  Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

my only complaint is two face doesn't have one green hand.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• LovethoseMegos
                      Lover of Megos
                      • Jan 3, 2010

Originally posted by wayne foundation 07
                      Hey buddy you better let it end right there,your new here and we don't act like that here.If you can't take a joke you better head elsewhere.
                      And I wasn't joking? Plus why threaten me? You need to relax.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                        WANTED for card bending
                        • Apr 26, 2008

You want me to send you a Type 2 Body to put your Green Lantern on...fine, send me your address and I'll send you a T2 body for FREE. I just don't get it beyond all that I explained...Besides the body of the Mattel figure...what can really be complained about on these figures?? Someone explain it to me.
                        Does it go for Aquaman too?

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                          WANTED for card bending
                          • Apr 26, 2008

And I wasn't joking? Plus why threaten me? You need to relax.
                          ok seriously it all ends here. everyone relax, it is a time for celebrating, not hating. I love nerdy implied sarchasm as much as the next guy, and neither "offending post" was anything other than just that, a sarchastic zinger.

Comment

• LovethoseMegos
                            Lover of Megos
                            • Jan 3, 2010

So, what is the main thrust of your complaint then? Here's the gist of what I was getting at. These aren't Megos...they never will be. Everyone knows that. My point to you is...can you buy a Twoface Mego figure...last thing I remember is NO because MEGO DIDN'T MAKE ONE. Same goes for Sinestro, Lex Luthor, Green Lantern, and Black Manta. Now if you're complaint is that the quality of the bodies suck...fine, we all agree. But what else can you complain about?? You have the means to make a MEGO VERSION out of the parts that have been "put on your table" for $20. How can that suck?? Explain to me how that sucks. Here's a breakdown of what it may cost you to put together a Custom of the figures that mattel is putting out...take a Green Lantern for arguments sake:

If you go Doc Mego style:

$5 - $10 for the body (Been a while since I bought a Doc Body...I may be off)
                            $5 - $10 for a Cast head...and God forbid you don't know how to paint like me. At least with the Mattel version you get a rotocast head.
                            $10 to paint a head
                            $5 - $15 for a bodysuit be it silkscreened or stitched together.
                            $5 - $10 for Boots
                            $5 - $10 for the lantern
                            $5 - $15 for fist hands or whatever special hands you may need.

That's $57/$58 if you use the average of $8 per item on the list...and that doesn't include shipping that it would take for you to get the stuff from different sources. I know Doc used to charge somewhere in the range of $35 - $45 for his Hawkman figures he used to sell. Same for Doc's RC Bats.

With all that has been said...explain to me how these figures are that bad that you can complain about them? If you are a parent you may have a complaint if these figures keep busting up and breaking. $20 each time Tommy breaks his Green Lantern figure is a bit much. But these figures are just gonna go on your self and you are gonna look at them every once in a while...I just don't get the hating that these figures are getting. All because the body won't stand right??!!?? There are fixes for that problem...you can switch it out either to an original Mego T2 Body or someone put up a how to on how to fix this body that mattel has on these figures. You want me to send you a Type 2 Body to put your Green Lantern on...fine, send me your address and I'll send you a T2 body for FREE. I just don't get it beyond all that I explained...Besides the body of the Mattel figure...what can really be complained about on these figures?? Someone explain it to me.
                            If you buy a 20 figure from EMCE or Castaway do you need to replace the body? The Star trek figures were under 20 a piece and Castaways were 20. Gee why is their no complaints about that. Sorry if a figure can't stand there is something wrong. And docs custom stuff only cost so much because it isn't mass produced so your argument is null. But what ever, I am tired of the cult mentality around here, keep buying the broken toys. I will say no more.

Comment

• LovethoseMegos
                              Lover of Megos
                              • Jan 3, 2010

Originally posted by bizzaro megomauler
                              ok seriously it all ends here. everyone relax, it is a time for celebrating, not hating. I love nerdy implied sarchasm as much as the next guy, and neither "offending post" was anything other than just that, a sarchastic zinger.
                              Yes I am an old nerd. I was joking how some one like myself could call me nerdy. that's all. People are so high strung, too bad the retro's aren't strung like that lol. Ok I am done.

Comment

• JimCem99
                                New Yorker stuck in Hell!
                                • Jan 30, 2010

Yes I am an old nerd. I was joking how some one like myself could call me nerdy. that's all. People are so high strung, too bad the retro's aren't strung like that lol. Ok I am done.
                                Aren't we all nerds? C'mon admit it, we're 35-40+ years old collecting figures/toys. I know I am and am proud of it.

As for the Mattel bodies, yes they need to be fixed but I don't think that will deter me from buying them.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎