X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuzzysnail
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by Zemo
    That's what I was afraid of, because then Some poor TRU clerk gets the snot knocked out of him and I go to jail.
    LOL....

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by BlackKnight
      Aquaman looks like he borrowed Batman's thong design.
      I am OK with Aman wearing a speedo. Bats still looks a bit funky with the high shorts/super little pelvis thing going on. I wonder if that would look a bit more like the vintage figure in the 'chase' photo with a DM pelvis exchange operation???

I think Rob C. has a pretty high thong vintage bats. I will just think of that as the inspiration for this sewing pattern.

I must say that 2face and Manta are knockouts and my son is really gonna love that RC bit.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
        WANTED for card bending
        • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by BlackKnight
        Aquaman looks like he borrowed Batman's thong design.

Wave 2 is on Diamonds Solicitation invoices for comicbook shops this upcomming Wed ..., should be the 14th .
        when you look at them in hand, no thongs just f'ed bodies.

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

Batman really doesn't look that bad. In fact I may be tempted to buy one. His Bruce Wayne mold looks great! I really like Aquaman, minus that hip thing. "He's got the hippy, hippy shakes!"

I can't wait to buy these!
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Does the Batman cowl really have that giant slit up the back? Ugh!
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• jasonmego1277
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 9, 2008

Wow, Definitely better than the protoypes. I was hating on Batman because I felt the removable Cowl didnt look right, looks better than it did. The neck area doe still look a bit odd though, and that slit in the back that makes me feel uneasy. Other than that I am certainly looking forward to these . Aquaman , Two-Face , and Manta are Fantastic looking. I thought Superman was being reissued in this wave too ? I bought a case and it stated the anticpated Breakdown was Batman x3, Aquaman x2, Two-Face x1, Manta x1, Superman x1, I was anticpating a purple carded Supes could be there.
              In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

From the photos, the figures look a lot better than the prototypes and better than Series I figures, to me.

I really like the Batman logo.

Wish Mattel would buy some cast-a-away or Doc Mego bodies. Anyone going out to San Diego for COmic-Con ought to take one of their re-worked Mattel figures on a Doc Mego or Castaway body and put it side by side the Mattel figure to show those guys how their figure could look.

I read twice in Toyfare where the Mattel spokesperson has made fun of the original mego body for being inferior and so easy to break.

I'll admit Megoes would break with rough play. I had a toybox full of them. But I also have many that are still around 30-odd years later.

I understand using the figures they already have made up, but if the line last to a fourth or fifth wave, they really ought re-tool these things.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right. And there is nothing right about those figures.
                Last edited by madmarva; Jul 10, '10, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Bruce Wayne 27 1967
                  • Mar 9, 2010

Awesome photos!!! But you mentioned the shoe's on Two Face, but then never posted a pic with them in it. Let's see Two Face's shoes...LOL

Thank again for posting these amazing first shots. I'm so excited for Wednesday, hope my local comic shop has 'em!!!

Comment

• Remco Monster
                    GLOWS in the Dark!
                    • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by madmarva

I read twice in Toyfare where the Mattel spokesperson has made fun of the original mego body for being inferior and so easy to break.
                    It seems they have some serious delusions about Mego, which I suppose is why their figures fail on so many levels.

Comment

• jackson5677
                      Banned
                      • Oct 19, 2008

Just a thought.....maybe I'm wrong.....
                      Doc Mego gets the ball rolling for Mattel to release Mego - like figures.
                      Doc Mego sells replacement bodies for mego - like figures.
                      Mattel releases figures with garbage un-useable bodies.
                      Does this sounds like a scam.
                      This plan may have worked.....had it not been for CAST A WAY TOYS to come along with an better replacement body.........maybe I'm wrong.
                      Last edited by jackson5677; Jul 11, '10, 1:52 AM.

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

sure, most of us on this board know about doc and his wares (and caw and their stuff as well).

But I would wager that the masses who are buying and supporting this line have no clue who EMCE is and/or what the relationship to Mattel is and/or that they even sell bodies that can work with the parts on the Mattel figures. I would say most of the purchases of these are either living on the card, or getting opened up and played with by kids. Hopefully more the latter than former.

Myself - if I were to rebody one of these - I would use a vintage mego body and put some ljn swivels on if I wanted the biceps to move. But that is just me.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by jackson5677
                          Doc Mego sell replacement bodies for mego - like figures.
                          This plan may have worked.....had it not been for CAST A WAY TOYS to come along with an better replacement body.........maybe I'm wrong.
                          Absolutely Not. Paul is a stand up and honest guy. I have purchased custom parts , and repro parts not to mention figures from him for years , and have always had the best experience with anyone I have ever dealt with. I refuse to believe anything like that. Remember Emce is designing these but at the end of the day Mattel , and DC have the final word. I may be mistaken , but are the designed prototypes not on Emce bodies ? I for one as many do have a lot of respect for Paul , and cannot see this theory being accurate. I believe Paul goes to bat for us , and voices our concerns , and also reccomendations.
                          In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• drmego
                            EMCE Toys
                            • Jun 15, 2001

You're kidding right?

You're not just wrong - you're delusional.

I offered Mattel my tooling on day one.

Stop with the crazy conspiracy theories.

It's insulting, annoying, and something else.

Originally posted by jackson5677
                            Doc Mego sell replacement bodies for mego - like figures.
                            www.drmego.com
                            www.megoman.com
                            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                              WANTED for card bending
                              • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by Bruce Wayne 27 1967
                              Awesome photos!!! But you mentioned the shoe's on Two Face, but then never posted a pic with them in it. Let's see Two Face's shoes...LOL

Thank again for posting these amazing first shots. I'm so excited for Wednesday, hope my local comic shop has 'em!!!
                              I noticed it too, but figured Something needs to be left as a surprise!

Don't mind the peanuts in the gallery Paul, the figs are great, but like i said *UGH* the bodies are not working properly. not your fault, but the Mego love is in these for sure!

Comment

• Remco Monster
                                GLOWS in the Dark!
                                • May 3, 2006

I see it this way. The Mego love was in these...until Mattel squeezed it out....

I don't think I am going to rag on these anymore beyond this post. I have made my point, and Mattel doesn't give a crap about their customers, we just like crappy lame figures that fall apart, so we are only worth junk, and they are happy to cater to our needs. So we should just shut up and deal with it. Quality isn't an issue with the likes of us.

I would rather focus my energy on the sweet Mego like toys the other companies have on the horizon. There is plenty of that.
                                Last edited by Remco Monster; Jul 11, '10, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎