X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bp1701a
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 27, 2007

An idea for a new Star Trek figure

I know we all love the original trek, but how about movie versions,,I would love the 8" movie version of Star trek, either EMCE, or through MATTEL,,, is there any,,ANY chance of that ever happening?, I would rather see them MEGO type than diamond select type figures.
    Any Chance of MEGO type ever being made?
    I am MEGO CRAZZZYYY !!!
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

I agree wholeheartedly!
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• bp1701a
      Museum Super Collector
      • Aug 27, 2007

well,, thats one vote,,
      and how about this,,,,, just the clothing,,, you know, so you can make your own,, like barbie,, diffrent outfits,, you could even have like genaric (bad spelling,sorry) figures,, so you can creat, your own,, a whole line of outfits, police,firefighters,astronaughts,star trek, soldiers,etc.
      and how about playsets, affordable playset,I know there is a repro enterprise, but its a bit costly where you can get an original mego cheaper on ebay,
      and you not branch out with LJN,, SWAT figures,EMERGENCY figures., etc,, and lets not forget matchbox PIRATES..

there is a whole lot that can be done and appeal to a wide range. but if you want to push product to a higher level, word of mouth does not always work,,, lets see mattel put out some commercials for their superhero line,, how about that?

Just a thought.

'nuff said.
      I am MEGO CRAZZZYYY !!!

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

Well said and I agree with you... "Accessory" packs/outfits are something that should been made by MEGO originally... I think AAAAA was planning on doing some sort of modern take on the idea and was going to sell packs with weapons, creatures, etc. but I don't know if that's still in the works or not...

Originally posted by bp1701a
        well,, thats one vote,,
        and how about this,,,,, just the clothing,,, you know, so you can make your own,, like barbie,, diffrent outfits,, you could even have like genaric (bad spelling,sorry) figures,, so you can creat, your own,, a whole line of outfits, police,firefighters,astronaughts,star trek, soldiers,etc.
        and how about playsets, affordable playset,I know there is a repro enterprise, but its a bit costly where you can get an original mego cheaper on ebay,
        and you not branch out with LJN,, SWAT figures,EMERGENCY figures., etc,, and lets not forget matchbox PIRATES..

there is a whole lot that can be done and appeal to a wide range. but if you want to push product to a higher level, word of mouth does not always work,,, lets see mattel put out some commercials for their superhero line,, how about that?

Just a thought.

'nuff said.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I'd rather see tons and tons of the original series figures over any movie figures. Unless you're talking the newest movie! Then I say yes. I'd like to see new sculpts for the original figures. A new Kirk head with a different expression. Same with Spock and Bones. We need three or four more Klingons, more Romulans and more crew members. Hundreds of different aliens. The original series and the animated series could yield so many cool figures!!!!
          Movies just weren't as good and so don't deserve figures.(except the newest one!)
          Just my opinion...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I can see the "outfits" like the AJ boxed outfits working for Trek movie figures. In limited quantities.

Comment

• bp1701a
              Museum Super Collector
              • Aug 27, 2007

Who made the RAMBO line? was it HASBRO? Who ever it was at one time put out a weapons pack, just a couple of diffrent weapons, thats what we need,
              As in figures, no, I am not talking about the new one.I am talking about 8" MEGO style Star trek Motion picture and then on, in the Grey uniforms and the RED jacket unifroms.
              diifrent rankings in each sol you could build a crew,, even a 2 pack, like a security and engineer figure/outfits,,,I mean they do it with Barbie,,, so why not with Trek or the new superhero line.
              I am MEGO CRAZZZYYY !!!

Comment

• bgiles73
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 14, 2010

I'd be in if they included The Next Generation, Deep Space 9, Voyager and Enterprise as well! The Mego type figures and 3 3/4" scale are what I think will work best for these Star Trek figures. I really like what the DST-EMCE retro figures look like on ZICA's Z-Bodies. I plan to update all my Trek Megos with this type body. I'm definately hoping for more Trek in the future. I hope DST and EMCE can surprise us with more of the Retro-Type figures in the absence of DST's 7" sculpted line. What would really be great is if they did a retro-deluxe line that incorporated a ZICA-type body, more detailed uniforms and weapons, and a super detailed head-sculpt, using real-scan technology when available.

Comment

• bgiles73
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 14, 2010

Sorry for the double post, but what we should all do is contact DST at artasylum.com They have a Q&A board and roughly about once a month DST Chuck addresses questions that are sent in about Diamond Select Toys products. If enough of us could show interest in a line such as this maybe it might happen. Also, you may want to check out the forums at trektoy.com - Recently we had a chat session with DST Chuck and he mentioned that, maybe TNG and The Wrath of Khan Megos might have been discussed in DST's marketing departments. So who knows? Maybe if enough of us send in questions at artasylum.com , we may be able to influence future DST-EMCE lines!

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 9, 2008

I personally would love to see Star Trek II The Wrath Of Khan Mego 8" . Even If its only 2 Waves

Kirk & Khan
                    Spock & McCoy

Then maybe the others.
                    In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• Al Barrett
                      Career Member
                      • Aug 16, 2008

The idea of "outfits" I like...a set of "casual" green shirt for Kirk,blue lab shirt McCoy and also the suit they use for special guest(like the diner with KHAN!) environmental suit like Playmates did.That would be cool!

Comment

• GAFan
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 30, 2008

We'd have to buy more figures to wear all those outfits, too.
                        sigpic

Comment

• johnmiic
                          Adrift
                          • Sep 6, 2002

I would be down for Wrath of Khan red uniforms for the crew. It seems even tho WOK is one of the most popular Trek films that no toy manufacturer until Art Asylum released the whole crew in those uniforms. Playmates bungled it when they had the property years ago; tho at the time they were very good about such details. Maybe additional costumes could be made for mailing in a small fee + proof of purchase. Perhaps you could get landing party jackets, McCoy's STII medical outfit and Kirks vest as mail-in's. Other than that I'd love to see the rest of Capt. Dunsel's Trek Classics brought out officially.

Comment

• cdhall
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 14, 2004

An accessory pack with Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty (red), and Uhura ST II uniforms all in one pkg. If that goes well, I hate that I forgot, but I think that also gives us a Captain's uniform for Tyrell, and Commander's uniforms for Chekov and Sulu. Those names should go on the package as a hint to anyone who did a custom or for the new Emcees.

Then we can work on Khan, Carol and David Marcus, Saavik and Engineering Captain Scott.
                            —-
                            “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                            - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                            - Captain Spock
                            https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                              Defender of the Megoverse
                              • Dec 30, 2008

Yah, an accessory pack would be great but it should come with heads as well. I think it would look silly for the classic Kirk head to be paired with the clothes from Wrath of Khan .

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎