X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gummi
    Career Member
    • Dec 2, 2009

Green Arrow Oddity - Check Out This Comparison Shot

This is really strange. I recently ordered three Green Arrows from MattyCollector, and I have to say I'm scratching my head about this one. One of the figures is a full quarter inch shorter than the other two. I've included a picture of this oddity for you all to see. All three figures feet are at the very bottom of their bubbles, and their feet seem to be firmly planted in their boots. As you can see, "mini" Green Arrow's head is nowhere near the top of the bubble while his two big brother's heads are pressed against the top like all of the other figures I've seen from this line. You'll also notice that Mattel's fantastic quality control department failed to realize that the Arrow on the right was packaged with his beard and moustache unpainted! Nice job on that one! What do you all make of the height difference?

"Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997
  • SlipperyLilSuckers
    MeGoing
    • May 14, 2003

That certainly is odd. I am going to call him Stumpy.

Comment

• GAFan
      Veteran Member
      • May 30, 2008

It looks like the difference is in the legs. I wonder if they are working on a shorter figure for sidekicks and used those legs by mistake. Either that or the pelvis exploded and allowed the legs to slide in to far. Those would be my guesses.
      sigpic

Comment

• gummi
        Career Member
        • Dec 2, 2009

Originally posted by GAFan
        It looks like the difference is in the legs. I wonder if they are working on a shorter figure for sidekicks and used those legs by mistake. Either that or the pelvis exploded and allowed the legs to slide in to far. Those would be my guesses.
        I'm really hoping it's not the pelvis. That would make me one for three on the Green Arrows. I looked it over as carefully as I could without removing it, and everything appears to be in order. I have an email in to Mattel to exchange the one with the unpainted facial hair, but now I'm not sure if I should exchange Mini Me as well. This whole experience dealing with Mattel is proving to be very disappointing indeed.

Comment

• toyman
          Just Another Collector
          • Sep 1, 2008

Originally posted by Type3Toys
          I would guess that the boots on the 2 outside figures are not pushed all the way on.
          That would also be my guess.

Comment

• LadyZod
            Superman's Gal Pal
            • Jan 27, 2007

Yup, T3T and toyman are right. Check out the distance between the knee and the top of the boots. Stumpy is probably the only one NOT on his tippy toes in his boots.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
            Check out my art:
            Art Portfolio@Redbubble
            Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• gummi
              Career Member
              • Dec 2, 2009

Thanks for the replies. I had thought about that, but I've honestly never seen another one of these figures in person or in pictures that didn't take up the entire bubble. I guess the vast majority of them don't have their boots on all the way.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                I would guess that the boots on the 2 outside figures are not pushed all the way on.
                looks like the boots aren't all the way on. The center figure has less leg between knee and boot.

Comment

• drmego
                  EMCE Toys
                  • Jun 15, 2001

The feet are not completely in the boots - as for the unpainted facial hair - that is
                  a cool goof-up.

If you don't want it, I will gladly send you another G.A in exchange.
                  www.drmego.com
                  www.megoman.com
                  www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• gummi
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 2, 2009

Originally posted by drmego
                    The feet are not completely in the boots - as for the unpainted facial hair - that is
                    a cool goof-up.

Thanks Doc. I contacted Matty right after he arrived to get an exchange, and they've already replied stating that they've requested another figure to replace him. You're actually the second person that wanted him. Personally I like variations on figures like the stitched and unstitched Lex, but I don't really care for factory errors.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by drmego
                      a cool goof-up.

Very cool goof up.... Absolutely.
                      In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• DocDrako
                        Formerly Doc Drako
                        • Nov 11, 2004

When I recently got my Green Arrow, I compared him to my sons, and mine was taller. Based on what Doc Mego said, I checked the boots and they weren't all the way on. In a few moments, my new Green Arrow was the same height as my sons. Now my son and I are just waiting on the next wave. WooHoo!

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎