Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caelonfox
    • Aug 7, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    I doubt Amazon just picked four characters they think might be wave 3. There must be some logic behind it.
    Absolutely!!
    Firefighter/Mego Collector

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      I doubt Amazon just picked four characters they think might be wave 3. There must be some logic behind it.
      I'm not saying you're wrong, cause it does sound logical. But why doesn't Mattel confirm this then, why all the secrecy?
      Same with the Batman cowl and the Ghostbusters series. The figures have been on TV, just release a statement that they will in fact be released and let's see the prototypes. And the Batman cowl while you're at it
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Caelonfox
        • Aug 7, 2008

Originally posted by Meule
        I'm not saying you're wrong, cause it does sound logical. But why doesn't Mattel confirm this then, why all the secrecy?
        Same with the Batman cowl and the Ghostbusters series. The figures have been on TV, just release a statement that they will in fact be released and let's see the prototypes. And the Batman cowl while you're at it
        I never understood why toy companies have always been so secretive about what is coming out next in one of their lines, but they have been this way for as long as I remember. It reminds me of Kenner and the Star Wars figs. The back of the card would have the entire collection from the start to the newest line and then you would see the silhoutte (sp?) of the "coming soon" figs!! The anticipation was always palpable and I guess that's the intended result...........to illicit a prescribed response.
        Firefighter/Mego Collector

Comment

• drmego
          EMCE Toys
          • Jun 15, 2001

The big SDCC reveal is April 12th at 7pm EDT - maybe they will show wave 3
          of the DC Superheroes then. Instead of showing the entire year at once,
          they want to have periodic releases - partly because it builds anticipation,
          and partly because not everything is camera ready at the same time.

Mattycollector.com has the Green Arrow prototype as their graphic.

You would think that they, of all people, would be showing the actual
          production figure. But it's not easy in a big place like Mattel to get
          hold of the production piece when setting up the website (which is
          done by Digital River).
          www.drmego.com
          www.megoman.com
          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by drmego
            The big SDCC reveal is April 12th at 7pm EDT - maybe they will show wave 3
            of the DC Superheroes then. Instead of showing the entire year at once,
            they want to have periodic releases - partly because it builds anticipation,
            and partly because not everything is camera ready at the same time.

Mattycollector.com has the Green Arrow prototype as their graphic.

You would think that they, of all people, would be showing the actual
            production figure. But it's not easy in a big place like Mattel to get
            hold of the production piece when setting up the website (which is
            done by Digital River).
            When exactly is it 7 pm EDT?
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• bleit1701
              Career Member
              • Jan 1, 2009

Hey!! April 12th is today. where are the pics????
              Better late than never.....

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

I went to bed yesterday thinking I'd see the news when I woke up, but still nothing?

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎