Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

We've seen enough of the "kid" Robin (which is what the original Mego was based on). I think alot of people would love to see Robin as the "Teen Wonder" for today's generation. I think this figure should be loosely based on the Superfriends Robin. I think fans would be pleased with that interpretation especially since the new Batman will be inspired from that same show.

Comment

• Colf72
      • Feb 21, 2008

Superfriends style would fit this line best but I agree; give him pants. Nightwing would be awesome but that is another animal (or bird) depending on how you look at it...

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

"Superfriends style" NUFF SAID.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

My guess is that it will be in the Super Friends style, but a Titans sized Robin would be neat (and would also mean the release of other Titans).
          It's all good!

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

Robin

This costume, on a slightly shorter body than the others :

Comment

• bp1701a
              Museum Super Collector
              • Aug 27, 2007

I vote for Super Friends or the batman tv show style.
              I am MEGO CRAZZZYYY !!!

Comment

• Boywonder0
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by scott metzger
                I think they'll deifinitely go with the classic "I dressed up the sidekick in pixie boots" look, as everything in the line is evoking the 70's. I don't know if Mattel is planning on doing a teen body, but I'd really like that version, especially if the rest of the classic Titans are in the plans. It was one of the major holes in the Mego line, with adult sized Robin and teen sized Titans.
                I'm with you sir! I will love to see a Dick Grayson Robin. That was the Robin made by Mego, and the Robin I grew up with (yeap I'll be 42 in a couple of a days!).

Of course, I expect to see some changes in his head sculpt as for example a hair style like the Perez Robin and absolutely NO COWLICKS. Needless to say, no oven mitt gloves. They can also cover his legs with flesh color spandex like in Green Arrow arms and maybe even his arms if they are to pursue the vinyl gauntlets as in previous figures... The short green sleeves were too long on the Mego figure so I look forward to more acurrate sleeves...

Comment

• draconianguard
                  #1 Ernest Borgnine Fan
                  • Mar 12, 2004

Perez 8" is fine by me. Would Mattel spend the extra money on a new mold for a smaller Robin? I kind of doubt it.
                  Pop Culture Central - Convention reports, toy reviews and more

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by draconianguard
                    Perez 8" is fine by me. Would Mattel spend the extra money on a new mold for a smaller Robin? I kind of doubt it.
                    I think they would if the other Titans were in the works. Given the fact that they are amongst the most desirable of the originals, I'd think Speedy, Aqualad, and Kid Flash are shoo ins with their adult counterparts already in the mix.
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Boywonder0
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by warlock664
                      This costume, on a slightly shorter body than the others :

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/n...c/DSCN0658.jpg
                      To me this has been the best Robin rendition ever! Only a couple of things away from perfection: 1) Hair style is fine but too long. Needs to be shorter, 2) eyes in mask should be white and 3) Legs and arms should be covered by flesh colored spandex and 4)Shorts should have had scales printed to it...

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎